chapter 13

Monday morning came and Mason had invited me to go on a quick jog to start our day.

"Morning mom!" I cheerfully greeted her.

"Hon it's 5:30 in the morning. And why are you wearing workout clothes?" She asked all groggy.

"Oh Mason invited me to go on a morning jog with him and Liam." I explained. I hear a honk outside. "And that's my ride! Got to go mom. Tell Scotty I have a ride please." I kissed her cheek and went out the door. "Morning boys." I greeted seeing Mason in the drivers seat and Liam leaning on the car door. They both said hi back.

"You ready to run?" Liam asked.

"On a Monday morning? Let's do this." I say excited.

"Ok you're too hyper today." Mason laughed. Liam opened the door for me to get in the car.

"Ma'am." He jokingly says.

"Thank you." I spoke in a posh accent. "To the jogging trail my good men."

"To the jogging trail." Mason says as he drives off. We get to the trail and Mason parks the car. We all start talking about random things until we got on the topic of Violet.

"It's not just that we were friends with them-they were using us for cover! I mean, professional killers were using us. How are you guys not freaking out about that?" Mason exclaimed.

"Trust me we're both freaking out about a lot." Liam says.

"Yeah it's-it's up there on the list." I stuttered.

"I-I'll meet you guys at the school." Liam says and runs off.

"Liam wait!" I shouted as I stopped my run.

"Liam!" Mason yelled. "What was that about?"

"I don't know." I sighed. "Maybe we should give him some space and talk to him at school?"

"Yeah you're right." Mason said matching my tone. We jogged back to the car and drove to the school.

"I'll meet you in homeroom I gotta go change." I smiled.

After changing and all that school stuff Mason and I met up in our second to last class free to find Liam. He hasn't been in any of our shared classes.

"Sorry, guys. Liam skipped my class. Maybe he's sick... like me..." Coach answers.

"Liam didn't look sick on our run." Mason says.

"He's not getting back to any of my texts." Scott says walking up to us.

"Same here." I start fidgeting.

"Hey hey. Don't worry. I'll find him. But, text me if you see him." Scott says.

"Mason I'll see you in the library. Gotta talk to my brother for a second." He nods and walks away. "Scott what if we don't find him. What if he's dead somewhere and we didn't save him. I was the one who thought he should have some space. He-he ran ahead of us and he sounded upset. But he said he'd meet us at school. Scott what if-"

"Hey! This is not your fault! Wherever he is I'll find him. He's gonna be alright. Now go find Mason." He calms me.

"Promise me, Scotty." I spoke.

"I promise." He replied. I nodded and started to walk away. "Ana! Ana! It's him." I hear Scott's phone ring.

"Answer him!" I say running back to him.

"Liam?" Scott answered the phone hurriedly.

"Not quite but I'll give you a second guess." The voice on the other line says.