Chapter 38

Damn, where's he at?

I'm standing near one of the restaurants near the pier, Cass is standing next to me while calling Cam's phone. I'm guessing they're riding together because he hasn't ridden with his other friends in a while.

Darian and Angie are lounging, at the biggest table, with a few people they just met about 30 minutes ago. They're having a blast while we're stressing over our dates.

I can't stand how much it now bothers me that I can't be somewhere without Tripp, especially if I'm expecting him to be there. I felt uncomfortable without him here, as if I were by myself. Like if we were at the beach, I would want Tripp to around. Now that I have a man, I want to be around him all the time. I want him all the time.

"Cam says they had to pick up something so they won't be here for a minute." Cass reminds me as she sends a message on her phone.

'Pick up something'? What 'something' did they have to pick up? That's nothing to complain about but, in this moment, it bothers me because Tripp's all I want. I'm becoming impatient.

He's rolling with Cam and, if Cam is anything like Tripp, they'll be here pretty soon.

Cass and I walk back into the restaurant-turned-club where we find Darian and Angie vibing out to the music. Everybody else is up, dancing with drinks in their hands and all that.

Cass pulls me towards the bar and she orders a shot for us. Even though it was vodka, I still go for it because we're supposedly having fun. I'd rather drink a bottle of jack with my boo but this works too.

"Y'all, this place is lit! Ain't nobody tell us about this place and we just now figuring it out. Why?" Darian compliments as she and Angie join us at the bar. She fixes her tight knee-length green dress as if there's something too snug about it.

We all look good and match unexpectedly. I wanted to prepare myself for some time in the water later; one last moment of the sandy beach and salty ocean water.

With that being said, my outfit consists of a multicolored bikini top and high-waisted long skirt to match. As always, Cassidy comes styling in a sexy green romper with heels but she's also prepared for some time in the water. Angie's got on this beautiful green halter top with white bell bottom pants.

Again, we all look good and didn't plan on wearing green at the same time.

"Out of all the girls in this group, Cass is the one that ended up catching a fish in the sea. How the hell did she hook a man?"

Here goes Darian, spitting out her toxicity on everybody else and showing off her waffling attitude on men.

"Well, stop looking so hard and you just might just bump into the right one. For now, just focus on having a good ass time." Angie says as she stands up and rocks back and forth, grooving to the slow R&B sounds.