Chapter 7 Rooftop Race

Start from the beginning

Chooo choooo!

"It's nearing the tunnel." The man said. Sora noticed the tunnel at a distance, it was coming up fast. "Are we even going to make it?"

"We will!" The man yelled.

"Alright! When I yelled jump.... you JUMP!" Then the man literally vanished into thin air.

"W-what?!" Tom yelled. "Tom JUMP!" Sora screamed as he saw the tunnel getting closer, basically inches from them. Sora pushed Tom into the coal tender that was infront of them. And both him and Tom fell into the dusty coal bunker.

*****

(end music)

Both of them slid down the coal, and slammed into the cab of the locomotive. "Ow..." Sora said. "This... let's not do that again." Tom groaned as he stood up. He went to help Sora up. "Thanks Tom." Sora said. Tom smiled and nodded. Tom looked at the coal, that was inside the tender. "Are we..." he turned around, and saw all the levers and gauges of the steam engine. "Woah! We are inside the-" Then in the locomotive engineer's seat, was no other then the girl.

Tom blinked. "You?! W-What?? I thought you got thrown off and you're.... driving the train?!"

Sora was confused too. "Yeah, we came all this way to see if we could save you or something!"

"I... no! These engineers put me in charge! Him and the fireman had to fix the light." She said.

"Fix the light?" Tom asked. "I'm guessing it's the light that's infront of the engine. Most locomotives have that" Sora said.

"H-How do... you know what to do?" Tom asked. "It's pretty simple actually! Aside from the firebox work, but the fireman told me not to do any of that." She said. Then, she started to show all the parts. "That's the break, and that's the throttle-"

Tom seemed like he was getting interested, but Sora already knew everything she was talking about. Considering that his boyfriend is a train fanatic, it would be strange if he knew nothing. "And that rope is the whistle-" She said pointing at a rope. Tom looked at it. "The... whistle?" He asked. The girl nodded, smiling. "Wanna try it?"

Tom gasped, then quickly smiled. He looked at the rope, then grabbed ahold of it, and yanked it.

The whistle blew, sounding loud and rough just as an American steam locomotive should sound. "Woah! Wanted to do that my whole life!" He exclaimed. Sora smiled. 'He's just like Mark when it comes to this' He smiled.

Tom was looking around at all the parts, but as he was,, Sora heard something what sounded like faint yelling. Sora blinked. "Is... that yelling?" He looked around at the Tom and the girl, but they didn't seem to hear anything, so he figured he was hearing things. So, he shrugged it off. But then he heard it again. And this time Tom and the girl heard it. Sora saw Tom trunk around and looked at him. "...Did you hear that?" He asked. Sora had to nod. "I thought I was hearing something-" Sora said. "I didn't hear anything." The girl said.

But then it became more heard. This time, there was words.

"Stop the train! Stop the train! Stop!"

The girl gasped and quickly stuck hear head out the window. Sora did the same, and saw man yelling at them from infront of the train. "Wait, I just realized that he's actually at the front of the train like that?! Isn't that dangerous!?" Sora said.

But it seemed like it was dangerous.

And not just dangerous for the two locomotive workers, but for all of them in the cab as well.

Sora and the girl could see that there was some light on the track, in the distant. "There's something on the lines!" Sora yelled. The girl gasped. "We have to brake!"

She put her head back into the cab, then looked over at Tom, who was over at the controls. "Hey you, pull the brake!" She yelled. But Tom definitely wasn't a train nerd and went to seriously pull the freaking reverser. "That's not the brake!" The girl yelled. "What? Are you sure it's not this! This looks like a brake!"

"It's not!" She yelled. "Are you sure?!" He yelled. "Tom she's right! That's not the break at all!" Sora yelled. "That's the reverser!"

Tom looked stressed, and didn't know what to do, so he went to pull the red handle. But he shouldn't have done that. He pushed the reverser forward, and that caused the locomotive to chugg faster. "Tom!" Sora snapped. He pushed him aside. "Hey!" Tom yelled. Sora grabbed the right lever, and pulled it.

The engine's break locks slammed onto the wheels, making it's wheels stop instantly, and it skidded along the rails. Sora and the rest had to grab onto each other as the train jolted.

Luckily, it seemed it had stopped before it hit what was infront of them. "What happened?" Tom asked. "I don't know, lets check-"

"What is happening now! Is this train never-.... YOU!" It was the Conductor. As soon as the train stopped, he quickly made his way up to the engine, and as soon as he saw Tom, he quickly got upset. "Young man, are you trying to make sure this train never reaches the north pole!?"

"We have to brake for this!" The girl yelled. She was sitting on the engineer's seat. She was pointing out the window, infront of the train. The Conductor walked over, and looked out.

"What? Caribou crossing?!" He yelled. Sora was curious, so he looked around out, and saw about over 9000 deer's all around them. "What the..." He said. They where all up on the tracks, all around the tracks, the train wouldn't be able to move without hitting them all.