Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Undead

As Cameron felt dizzy as he fell to the floor, his breath uneven as he held his chest. 'S-Someone h-help—' Cameron thought as he held his head, tears welling up inside his head. "You seem pathetic from this sight." Cameron turned to the side to see the man, rather than a reflection was from there on was in front of him. Cameron stumbled backwards as he looked up at the man. "W-Wha—how did you g-get here?" Cameron asked, making him roll his eyes as he walked towards Cameron, leaning down to stare at him. "I've been forced out, foolish man." The man stated as he glared at Cameron who returned it. "I never wanted you in my head, you're a maniac." Cameron uttered as he weakly stood up.

"You are still feeling strange around the Abyss. It comes as a side-effect every once in a while to someone who rarely uses their power." The man uttered as he looked at Cameron with an intimidating aura. "H-How does that work? I never used my power when I arrived." Cameron uttered as he held his stinging chest, looking around. The man raised brow to the memory he saw while residing on the latter's head. "Who are you? I'm not sure trusting you is easy after what you did before." Cameron asked, pointing his finger onto him. "Heindrich." Heindrich uttered, making Cameron look at him confusingly, but soon recalled something. 'The God of the Heian's Heindrich!?' Cameron thought as he looked at him with a shocked expression, making a sword appear out of thin air, pointing it to the mysterious man.

"I do not care whether you trust me or not, but you are to listen carefully." Heindrich stated as his eyes gleamed a dark shade of red. "I must arrive to Lordeque for the Great King is there." Heindrich stated as Cameron looked at him with confusion. "T-The Great King!? That guy in those scroll things!?" Cameron exclaimed, making Heindrich hush him to quiet down. "Yes, and if you are caught here longer than we'd like, we'd both be in more danger than we'd like." Heindrich said as he crossed his arms over his chest. Cameron looked up at him, gritting his painful chest away. "You are under a spell." He said, making Cameron confused as he looked at the mirror, not seeing a spell. "It's one of the Devil General's spells. They are near absolute that is why their curse spells are near indestructible." He explained, making Cameron sigh as he walked to the nearby dresser, holding it for support.

"I want to make a deal with you, foolish man." Heindrich stated as Cameron looked at him, noticing that his red eyes were receding into white. "What do you want? Anything that doesn't involve me or the other ladies' death is a no go." Cameron said as he looked at him, his breath getting better after he calmed himself down. "To return to Lordeque. That is all I want." Heindrich said as he looked at Cameron, who looked to the side, seemingly thinking. "What's in this for me?" Cameron asked, looking at him with determined eyes. "I can give you this reason. Finding that Great King, you can return to the real world. That world you've foolishly come to love." Heindrich said as Cameron became interested. "Without harm? That's a bold claim." Cameron stated as he found it unrealistic regardless of the irony.

"Do not worry. I find no reason to gain something from you. All I wish is to leave this area, what do you think of my proposition, Cameron." Heindrich said, making Cameron sigh, finding that the exchange was fair enough. They both get something they need. "I can keep you in one of my pins. Just as long as you keep yourself tempered, we'll get along." Cameron said as he showed his a spare pin given by Pearlette. "Then we concluded the trade." Heindrich said as the two shake hands, Heindrich getting pulled into the pin. 'This guy better get me what I want.' Cameron thought. 'Don't forget where I reside, foolish man.' Heindrich uttered in Cameron's thought, making the latter groan.

Meanwhile, Wilhemina was trying to contact anyone from Lordeque. "Why can't we use our powers? I had forgotten." Sylvanna asked as she tried to summon her weapon, but there wasn't anything. "Because one of the Generals had put us under a curse spell." Wilhemina said as she showed her neck. "Hmm? That looks familiar." Sylvanna said as she pointed on the marks present on the latter's neck. Wilhemina raised a brow, but soon realized who could've possibly made such a refinement to a curse spell. "Hello, Milady." A resolute voice said, making them turn to the door, opening widely to reveal a pink haired man.

" A resolute voice said, making them turn to the door, opening widely to reveal a pink haired man

Sylvanna showed her surprise as she held her ground, feeling alerted by the man's presence. "Arthur." Wilhemina uttered, making him look at her with pure destitute and empty emotions. "Lady Wilhemina. To what do I owe such a visit?" He asked, resting his hand atop the sword's handle. "With all due respect, an enemy asking their own enemy why they are here is pointless." Sylvanna said as she stood between the two, their positions in a triangle. Arthur had shown a small frown as his head tilted to the side. "I see there no longer need to be formal when I am sure you are after something." Arthur said with a resolute voice as he closed his eyes.

"Then what is it that you want? Death? Wages? Power? I can only offer so much in place for whom that woman killed." Arthur said as he opened his eyes with a glare, even Wilhemina and Sylvanna felt a shiver. Arthur was of Pearlette. He was trained by the Queen herself, making him so similar to their closest ally. "I aim for no blood, General." Wilhemina said, making him look back at her with a confused face.

"We have received report of a large attack for our domain. We may be at war, but killing the innocent isn't something the Devil's General, much less you, the Devious of them all, to think of." Wilhemina said with hidden curiosity. "Well you've become much foolish, Milady." Arthur stated, making the two confused this time around. "I have never ordered a large-scale attack for Lordeque. I had thought of many ways to kill that traitor named Annalisa, but none had come without cost." Arthur said, making them shocked by the misleading information. "Although, I grew curious upon hearing of a mysterious man present with you. He seems so familiar if you recall." Arthur said, making Sylvanna glare at him.

"Leave the poor soul out of your schemes." Sylvanna said, her killing intent resurfacing. Arthur just chuckled as he shook his head. "Fear not, I am not that low. After all, that man had killed some of my knights, so know something, Milady's." Arthur stated as he lifted his free hand. "I do not have fear on sacrifices as of this day. Be it my pride or my soul. I will get my answers from Annalisa whether she is alive, or a corpse that my Generals will return." Arthur uttered with no remorse, making the two shiver. "Levinne shall assure himself by the choices he chose. He was once my knight, but I am not afraid of getting rid of him through the means he wishes." Arthur said as he put his hand down, turning his heels to the doors. 'Let's see how this will play out.' Arthur thought as he smirked...