LEALTÀ -Chapter twenty-nine

Start from the beginning

"Oh and Nicola," Kian says and looks at Nicola who's playing with Ella in his lap. He looks up and gives Kian a nod, indicting that he's listening. Kian clears his throat.

"Giovanni left last night. But he left a note, for you. And he pleaded that you would read it. I've put it in your office..." I can see how Nicola's whole body stiffen. And he stops playing with Ella, who's just looking at him with a confused look.

"Uncle Nico?" She says with her cute voice. Angelo stands up, and picks her up.

"Come Ella, do you want to play with daddy for a while?" He says and walks out of the kitchen.

"I need everyone to leave me alone for a few hours." He says and stands up. Oh...well what did I expect?

"Except for you Kimberly. You will come with me." I almost choke on the juice, when I hear the words I did not see coming!

"Me?" I point at myself. "Yes tesoro, your name is Kimberly Ailine Casey right?" He cocks his eyebrow, and I look down from his intese look. He begins to walk to his office and me quickly after him. Why am I feeling nervous? I have no idea what to expect...

As we came inside of the office, he locks the door. Leaving us all alone. I can feel the thickness in the air...but this is something really hard for Nicola, so I get that he's tense.

He sits down in his chair, the letter infront of him at the big brown dark table. I look around. This office screams powerful. The dark colour scheme, tha black chairs, the big dark table, that easily fits over hundred people. The glass doors, the books. Everything in here is so...powerful just like him.

"Sit." He turns around in his chair as we lock eyes. And I inspect his features. His green eyes that looks just like the grass, his black hair. And that scar on his eyebrow down to the bottom of his eye. I try not to think about Adam, I try to think only about Nicola...he's the only one that matters. Truly.

Oh, he means his lap...

"Okay..." I say and walks towards him. I sit down in his lap, and it's surprisingly comfortable!

"I want you to read it out loud for me, tesoro." He says. He looks me dead in the eye, and he has zero emotion on his face. It makes me a bit worried but I push the thoughts away.

"You sure?" I ask him one last time. He nods and fall back slwoly in the chair. He puts his arms around me, as I open the letter, and I begin to read.

"Mio figlio," I look at him, wondering what that means. "My son." He answers and looks down at the words.

"Oh!" I chuckle, nervous as I continue.

"Mio Figlio, I beg that this day won't come. But if you're reading this, it unfortunately has...I never wanted you to find it out this way. But I'm going to have to leave you one day. One day you're going to realize that I'm not the bad guy, Figlio. I love you, and I would to everything in my power for you and your sister." I stop talking, but there's a lot more.

I look behind me, and Nicola is in his own thoughts, biting on his nails. He looks at me and gives me a nod, and a failing smile. I clear my throat and continue, feeling his eyes on me.

"But I need you to understand. Me and Charlotte are trying to help you. Yes, Charlotte Devine. We know that Adam is trying to kill you and take over your mafia. And I'm so proud of you son. I really am, and I know that your mother is too. She's watching you, over the clouds in heaven. Where she belongs, with the angels.