Chapter 8:~Promises~

After Elora had gotten some breakfast, Elora's closet man North entered the hall. "My Queen, after the new happened accident, the council had suggested marriage for your protection," And Elora looked up at him. "Says who? I am quite sure I can defend myself. I don't need a husband to protect me," And North sighed, "Not only for your protection, My Queen. But for the future of your Dynasty. You need power and security. Or The Westerns may snatch the crown from your property. Your ancestor Aranel The Magnificent almost died in the hands of that family. His younger brother Pharom murdered. We cannot let anything like that happen to you. There has already been a assassination attempt on you. We cannot take any more risks. We have received letters from suitable suitors for you," And he pulled out some letters. "Let's see, we have Lord Daren, Duke Credwick, Lord Niam, Lord Eldridge, Gwydieon Southern," "Gwydieon Southern, the Wizard Of The North," Elora said sarcastically, "His family was on the Westerns side during Aranel's reign," And North sighed, "You don't have to take any of these men to be your husband. If you already have a fiancé, the council won't say more. Elves usually only fall in love once," And Elora sighed, "You can leave the proposals here. I will consider them alone," And North bowed, "Your Majesty," Elora sighed and pushed the letters aside. "Marriage?," She muttered, "Why now?," And Emersion sighed, "Elora, you're in that age of marriage for an elf. You know Aranel The Magnificent married much earlier than you. He was around six-seven hundred when he married Miriel," "Yes! But he wasn't that old when he died either. Around a thousand years old I think," She sighed. And Charline glanced at the necklace Elora wore around her neck, "Elora, do you know what that necklace you're wearing means?," And Elora looked up, "What? It lay in my chambers yesterday night," And Emersion sighed, "It's a necklace that a manly half elf give to the one day love and if she or he accept it...," And Elora swallowed and stormed out of the hall.

She looked at the necklace and felt tears welling up in her eyes. Either Elladan or Elrohir was in love with her and she had accepted one of them's hand in a marriage along with their immortal love. She knew the moment she marries someone, they will have her gift of immortality that she had been blessed to give by The Valar. Every Light elf who had existed had had that gift to give," "Elora?," Legolas interrupted. And Elora turned to her brother, "Legolas, what have I done!? I've ruined one of those elven twins lives forever!," And Legolas looked at her confused, "How can you say that? One of them loves you. Aragorn told me it was Elladan who gave you the necklace. He loves and wants to marry you," And Elora held back her tears and sobbed, "He's going to marry an Elleth who can't even bare being touched by a man accept those she truly trust like her family members," And Legolas looked at her worriedly, "Elora, what's going on?," And Elora swallowed, "I was raped Legolas! Many years ago before I was captured by Sauron! And as you know, I have many scars on my body. Why do you think I almost always wear long dresses with long sleeves. Because I am ashamed over my own body! I cannot marry anyone! Because I will only be disgustingly for him," And Legolas shook his head, "You will not. I know Elladan will be a good husband to you. I've known him and his brother Elrohir my whole life. The half elven always keeps their promise of love. And I know Elladan will love you with all his heart. Once they have given the necklace as their promise, they have given their love and cannot take it back. Elora, you feel like this because you don't know what love feels like anymore. But Elladan, he can heal you and learn you to love again. Please, sister, do not turn him down. Do not doubt yourself. Accept his love for you instead and I promise you that you will be happy and your gift of immortality will be given to a man worthy of having it," And Elora swallowed. "Elora, you alright?," Elladan suddenly interrupted. And Elora swallowed, "Yes,"

At the feast later that night, Elora's ladies danced with men when Elladan went over to his future wife and held out his hand. "May I have this dance, My Queen?," And Elora glanced at Legolas who danced with Aline and nodded at her with a smile to accept Elladan's offer to dance. Elora swallowed nervously but accepted his hand, "Yes," North who stood in a corner with Callon smiled at his Queen and friend. Callon also smiled at his friend and Queen.
Elladan smiled and helped his future wife into the right dance position for waltz. Elora smiled nervously. Elladan smiled, "Just look at me," He whispered softly for only her to hear. As they started dancing, Thranduil couldn't help but smile. Legolas smiled at Aline who smiled at him. "We may have another royal wedding soon," Aline smiled. And Legolas kissed her hand, "My father said that our wedding will be in some months if you wish," And Aline smiled, "I want our wedding to happen after your sister's," And Legolas smiled and kissed her hand.
Elora swallowed but kept her eyes on Elladan who guided her through the dance. When the dance finished, he bowed and kissed her hand softly and went to whisper in her ear. "Meet me in the garden after dinner tonight," And he went back over to Elrohir.
Emersion went over to Elora, "You alright?," And he put his hand on her shoulder. "Emersion, he's going to be my husband," She whispered anxiously. Emersion sighed, "Elora, you cannot go on like this. He loves you and has promised his heart and soul to you. Do not let your fears stop you from being loved by someone who is ready to take the duty to love you and love you heart and soul. And also protect you with his whole heart," And Elora swallowed.

When she later walked out to meet in the garden, Elladan smiled and went over to her. "You came," He smiled softly, kissing her hand. "Elladan, are you really sure you want me? I just... I don't believe myself worthy of your love or protection," And Elladan smiled, "Have you not understand that yet? Elora, I want you, heart and soul," And he placed his hand on the necklace pedant around her neck he had given her earlier. "This is the proof of my love and soul that I want you," And he leaned forward and gently to Elora's surprised kissed a small kiss on her lips. Elora looked up at him shocked and Elladan smiled, "May I?," Elora swallowed nervously but nodded. Elladan gently stroked her golden blonde hair away from her neck before placing a hand on her cheek and leaned forward and kissed her once more a little deeper this time. Elora felt his hand sneak around her waist, pulling her closer. Elora immediately pulled away. "I'm sorry," And she stepped aback. Elladan looked at her sadly as he saw the tears that had started to ran down her cheeks. "Elora," He spoke softly, "I'm not going to hurt you. I would never do anything to you against your will, I promise. I would wait after our marriage for years to make love if you would wish that. I would never touch you in any way without your consent. Because I love you and it's not in the elves nature," And Elora swallowed and let him kiss her once more and allowed his hands to sneak around her waist, pulling her closer. Elora swallowed when the kiss broke and smiled. She pulled out something from the pocket of her dress. It was a silvery necklace with a sapphire. "Emersion gave this to me when I turned 18 (100) years old in birthday present," And she placed it in his hand, "I want you to keep it. As a promise of my hand in marriage," And Elladan smiled, "You mean you will marry me?," And Elora smiled and nodded, "For my Kingdom and my people," And she left the garden. Elladan swallowed but smiled. For him, the necklace was more of a promise of marriage. It was a promise of her heart given to him.