Another CRACK- of splitting trees- or bone- or something loud sounded out behind you- when an overwhelming pressure squeezed your ribs.

Claws dug into your sternum- you were winded- and your vision was all fuzz-

Something gleaming peered at you in your peripheral vision, but you couldn't move your head.

You couldn't.

You couldn't.

Something behind you spoke.

A deep growl of prickling bitterness.

"...You aren't what you used to be..."

..

..

All at once you awoke.

Chest heaving- eyes wide open and staring at nothing but fabric.

You were pressed against the blankets- and you felt trapped- wriggling your limbs everywhere to try and get out-

You shoved your hands against the fabric closest to you- freezing when you realized it didn't move.

What?

Are you still dreaming? Is this some kind of bed that's suffocating you alive?

Something glided up your back- settling near your shoulder blades, and the fabric in front of you curled towards you.

Deep breath in-

Deep breathe out.

You weren't dying.

You were alive.

And...

You glance to the side, seeing the wood ceiling of Techno's attic.

And you were in Techno's house.

Which meant...

You look up.

Techno's bleary eyes were just starting to blink open- staring down at you with a muted red. He looked dead, eyes barely open and so unfocused you weren't even sure he was lucid.

"....You good??" He croaks out- voice hoarse. The warmth that was seeping off of him was sinking into you in every way it could.

You just now realized you had been- still are- pressed into his chest- body flush against him as one of his arms was slung around you.

How were you supposed to reply to a question like that??

No?

You weren't doing okay?

Because you weren't.

You just watched dream Techno melt, and then got suffocated by a massive hand or claw- and-

Ssssss- fuck.

You didn't feel good.

In a soft, and confused voice you replied, "...no...?" So quiet, because you didn't want to be heard. You didn't want to let him know that some dumb dream made your whole world shake.

He blinks a few times- eyes becoming more aware.

"...'S'okay if I pry?" He softly says in return, voice still muddled with sleep.

You can almost hear the echo of when you first met him, of how resistant both of you were to prying.

How neither of you wanted to be seen or see each other.

And yet Techno's right here.

Patiently waiting for the okay from you to confide in him.

"Just a nightmare." You say, more shakily then you wanted to say it, but it came out of your mouth regardless.