Alternate Ending!

Start from the beginning

"Mommy." I quickly wiped the tears from my cheeks. "You look so cute! I told you that you would." He shrugged and sat down next to me.

"Can I just go to sleep now so Santa can bring presents?" Dante laughed as he came down the stairs. "Santa isn't bringing presents."

"What!" Damien yelled.

All they do is argue.

About fruit snacks.

About disney movies.

About whose playstation controller is whose.

I shook my head and walked over to the window,  the ground was covered in snow. The neighborhood goes all out for the lights. It's all beautiful.

I closed my eyes as Dante stood behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You're so beautiful." He rested his chin on my shoulder. "Our house is perfect, our son is perfect." He spun me around to face him, "you're perfect." I smiled, placing a kiss on his lips.

"The real party as now arrived." I gasped as my front door was flung open. "Draven! My door!" He looked behind him and shrugged, "Not the first door i've broken."

"Where's my friend!" Zach ran inside with bags of presents down both his arms. "Zach!" Dami ran from around the corner and leaped onto him. "Damien!"

I laughed as they spun in circles into the living room.

"The wine has arrived." I let out a breath of relief as Chi and Letta danced through the door. "Fill the glasses!"

Kace, Axe and Ryker followed behind them. Shortly followed by Ivy, Beca, Brea, Aiden, Dillion, and Anara.

It didn't take long for our house to be flooded with people and laughter.

"Mom look what Zach did to Max!" I took a huge gulp of wine before turning around. I bent down and opened my arms. "Maxi! You have a bow on your head." I laughed as he jumped over Zach.

"I'm here! I'm here." I stood up and ran over to the door. "Ma! You're late!" She pulled me into a big hug. "I'm here, arent I?"

"Gramma!" Damien ran over and leaped into her arms.

"Nice sweater dude." Ryker said with a laugh as he playfully smacked Dante. "Nice girlfriend- oh wait." He rolled his eyes and leaned back on the couch.

The night was beautiful.

We caught up with each other and opened presents. Eventually, Damien passed out on the couch and Dante took him into his room. The rest of us stayed up and laughed and drank.

The boys stayed sober, knowing they may have to drive.

"Can you guys stay here while Dante and I go out? We can't get the Christmas presents until Dami goes to sleep because he always finds them." They all laughed.

"That's my boy, sneaky as ever." Chi eyed Draven. "Oh? You're sneaky now?" He rolled his eyes and laid across the couch. "Here we go."

I looked at Dante who was already looking at me, he nodded towards the door.

We snuck out of our own house as they argued over who is sneakier.

I laughed as we slipped and slid across the yard and to Dante's car.

"To the store!" I yelled as he started the car. I stared at Dante and smiled as he drove.

Being drunk always puts me in my feelings.

He smiles more now.

And he actually laughs, a genuine one too.

He got also three new tattoos.

One for the day Dami was born.

One for the day of the reunion, the day his life turned around.

And one of my full name.

He got some of them removed too.

As we pulled into the store parking lot he grabbed my hand and placed soft kisses on the back of it.

"There's gonna be a lot of people in here, are you gonna be okay?" I nodded and gave my best reassuring smile.

"Should we get him another nerf gun?" Dante asked as I swung our hands in the air. "Oh god no. My mom got him one with 200 foam bullets last year, I still find them around the house."
He shook his head, "I love Cadella."

"Yeah I bet." I grabbed a shopping cart, I tried to push it but he automatically took over.

He pushed the shopping cart as I stood on the front of it.

"Camille, hold on with both hands before you fall and I run you over." I laughed, these shopping carts would leave some cool marks.

I picked out all of the clothes and Dante, unfortunately, picked out all of the toys. I had to deny some of them for safety reasons.

I think that Dante forgets Damien is still a kid.

After finally checking out, 2 hours later, we drove home and attempted to wrap everything without waking Draven and Kace, who passed out on the living room floor. Everyone else had either drove home or laid in the guest room.

I laughed hysterically as I tried to remind Dante the time  when he got hit in the head with yogurt at the grocery store.

He still doesn't find it funny.

"We're shoving the rest of these into bags. My fingers hurt." I uncrossed my legs and laid across the floor. Finally, I watched as Dante put everything under the tree. "Do you want to watch a Christmas movie?" He stood over me with his arm extended. I nodded and grabbed his hand.

"Santa Clause?" He asked as we walked up the stairs and into our bedroom.

"Or... we could watch Tangled." He shook his head and turned off the light. "Absolutely not."

———————

I smiled at the scene of the lanterns.

"You've seen this more times then countable, how are you still amazed at this?" I sat up from his chest, "Because it's beautiful."

"Go to sleep." He kissed the top of my head as he turned the Tv off. "It wasn't over!"

"Your eyes keep closing, love. Just go to sleep." I sighed and nuzzled under his arm. "Thank you for not dying."

"I tried my best."

—————————-

*Christmas Morning*

"Wake up!" I opened my eyes to Zach, Axe and Damien standing over me. "Where's Dante?" I sat up in a panic. They all stared at me with a blank expression.

"Where is he?" I felt the tears stream down my face. "Camille, he's just in the shower..." Zach took Damien from the room and Axe sat with me.

"Camille, he's okay." I nodded.

"I know."

"I'll see you downstairs, i'll try and hold Damien from opening anything, but I don't know how long I can distract him." I smiled slightly, "Won't be long."

I always have the same dream.

Dante died and I had to raise Damien alone in the old house. The heartbreak feels so real...

"What's wrong Cam?" Dante sat next to me. "Same dream again?" I nodded.

It's terrifying to think that's how things could have been.

"Let's go downstairs. No tears on Christmas." He kissed my tear stained cheeks and pulled me into a hug.

"I love you." He pulled away and kissed my forehead. "And I love you. Now let's go, Dami can't hold back much longer."

Dante and I sat together on the couch as we watched Damien open his presents from us.

"We're forever, Dalesio." I said as I noticed he was looking down at me.

He nodded and gave me a sad smile.

"Even in death, my love."