Dalesio's

Chapter 39

Not one person spoke a word. As soon as we got home I went to our bedroom and lost it all.

I remember the first day I met him...

———————

Flashback*

"And last but not least...Dante Dalesio." He was taller then the rest of the boys, and they were all really tall. He wore a black t-shirt with gray sweatpants. His muscles shown through his shirt, his tattoos visible. His hair was black and curly on the top, his eyes were dark. "Dante's the one they fear. He doesn't talk a lot, and no one dares talk to him without his permission to speak. He's just not someone anyone would try and mess with."

"If looks could kill everyone in this school would be dead."

As the groups of boys walked past Dante's eyes met mine and everything felt like it stopped. I held eye contact until he smirked and looked away.

"He hates eye contact. He hates—pretty much any contact with anyone outside of his friend group. I'm surprised he looked at you." I shrugged, "Maybe it's because i'm a new face."

"We're kinda close to him...not too close but we've talked to him a few times. He's scary, honestly. Everyone has their assumptions about him and his activities."

"The police don't know?" I asked. Anara nodded, "No they do, but he's really good at covering most of his tracks."

Out of all the schools I've been to throughout my life, he is the finest boy i've ever seen in any of them combined.
——————-

Max ran into the bedroom, his tail wasn't wagging like it normally does. "I know Maxi..."

I slowly got up off the floor and moved the curtains to the side. The sky was bright tonight...Dante and I both always loved the stars, and tonight they seemed to be brighter then ever.

The memory of our night in New York played in my head...

—————-

Flashback*

"You've never been in love...have you?"

He stopped walking which caused me to stop, his eyes never showed much emotion but when they did it was the most mesmerizing thing you've ever seen.

"Love is a lie."

"That's not true...you just haven't found the person that you want to love, the person who you want to love you."

"I have." He continued walking dragging me by my hand.

——————-

Memories played over in over.

I once said "I think we all take happiness for granted...because we don't realize that one day we won't have that anymore. One day we could be begging just to feel happy again." Little did I know i'd be the one begging to feel happy.

—————-

"Are you going to stay in the god damn bed tonight?" I shook my head and put on Princess and the Frog. "I cannot watch this shit again."

"Then close your eyes, I like it." He raised an eyebrow before pushing my head lightly causing me to laugh.

After I calmed down he laid his head on my chest.

He's watching the movie. That's what I thought.

"I knew you loved disney movies."

"Go to fucking bed."