Chapter 26 Bleeding Christmas

Depuis le début

He looks tasty. Wait...

I felt my cheeks heat up as I looked away from my sleepy boyfriend. What had I been thinking? Had I lost my mind?

"Uh. Um. Do you mind if I keep your shirt and give it back after I wash it?"

My heart was pounding in my ears. I needed to settle down the teenage hormones that were awakening inside my body.

"Keep it. It's yours."

I smiled. I quickly went to him, pecked his lips goodbye before leaving him alone in his room.

What are you doing to me?

------------

I entered under the cover of the abandoned building. I was familiar with this place even at night with the moon shining in the sky. It was where Mikey, Draken, Pah, and Peh held a meeting about Moebius in the summer. I wondered why this was where the meeting was going to take place. Was this place used by Toman for meetings?

"I'm here," I said to the person that sat where Mikey had been sitting that time. "What do you need, Hakkai?"

The tall boy stood up. The look he was giving me made me feel ill at ease.

"Lucifer. You really came," he said looking worried, afraid, and something else. Was it guilt?

I straightened my back, "Of course I did. I told you I would come if you called. Is it about your brother? Is he causing you trouble?"

His eyes turned to look at the ground, answering my question without a word. I had thought as much. I guess I had to teach that bastard a lesson about laying his hands on his family.

I heard a cruel laugh behind me as footsteps echoed in the empty building. I turned around to see the giant of a man. Taiju was menacingly walking towards me like he wasn't afraid that I would lay him flat on the ground with a single punch again. He had balls. I had to give him that.

"Look at that," Taiju said, his eyes sparking with malice, "The fool actually showed up just like he said he would."

What?

"Gh," I gasped as a sharp pain wrecked my right side.

I turned to look down at what had happened. My body froze as I saw the blood gushing from my side as a knife was lodged in my flesh.

"I'm sorry," I heard Hakkai whisper from behind me.

I understood. I had let down my guard knowing Hakkai as Kairi. I trusted him because I knew he was a good kid and a friend of people I cared deeply about. I hadn't thought of him as a threat. But I wasn't Kairi to him. I was Lucifer. And I had made the mistake of letting this happen. I should have known something was wrong after Taiju showed up.

Hakkai pulled the knife from my side. I coughed, blood filling the inside of my mask. I was used to pain. I was used to being beaten to the point I thought of giving up. To the point my body was broken and bruised. But I always stood back up. I gained a pain tolerance and my body became tougher for all the beatings that were in the guise of training. But I had never once been stabbed. The pain was enough to make my mind go blank. My brain and body were in a state of utter shock.

The second Hakkai pulled out the knife, Taiju took it upon himself to go in for the attack. He kicked my injured side, causing me to fly to the side. My body rolled on the ground a little. I struggled to get back up. I coughed, more blood filling my mask that it was spilling out as I was on my hands and knees. I was winded from the hit. Did he target that spot on purpose?