Chapter 5

Chapter 5

          Ivan drove me back to the house and I was lucky to find Marco still sound asleep. I glanced at the clock to see it was 1:34 am. Ivan sat me down on the couch and went to the kitchen to grab me a glass of water.

          "Thank you for everything, Ivan. I feel bad making you leave your friends."

          "You don't have to thank me. I wasn't going to just leave you passed out on the street." He sat down next to me on the couch and handed me the glass of water.

          "I feel like you're always taking care of me." I laughed awkwardly. "You ever look at your life and wonder how the hell it got so fucked up?"

          "Can't say that I do."

          "Of course not, I mean why would you? Your life isn't being ruined by your psycho boyfriend."

          "I thought you loved him." I just put my head down. "You mean you don't?" I still didn't respond. "All this time I thought..." He trailed off. We sat there in silence for what felt like an eternity. Suddenly Ivan leaned down and put a finger under my chin to lift up my head. "All this time I've been wondering how an asshole like that gets a girl like you to fall for him."

          "I thought he was your best friend."

          "Was being the operative word. I just can't be friends with a guy who treats you the way he does. I always wanted to say something, but I figured you weren't gonna leave him because you loved him."

          "Ivan, you don't know the whole story," I whispered.

          "Do you love him?" His hazel eyes bored into mine with an intensity that could fuel the sun for a day. I shook my head. "That's all I need to know." Just then he took my face in his hands and kissed me, hard. The same intensity that burned in his eyes now radiated in that kiss. Part of me told me to pull away, that Marco could walk in on us at any minute, but I couldn't. I didn't realize how much I'd longed for this until it was happening. His lips pressed to mine generating a feeling I hadn't felt in a long time. The only person I'd kissed for the last three years had been Marco, and there hadn't been any feeling in that for the past two. Any guy before him had never kissed me like this.

          I moaned in the back of my throat and I surprised myself a little when I started kissing him back. He let his hands move to the back of my neck and twist into my hair. I pressed my body closer to his and he grabbed my ass. I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but within a few seconds I was straddling him on the couch as he kissed and sucked on the skin of my neck. He bit down gently and I let out a soft cry of pleasure. That did it. We heard the bedroom door creak open and I immediately jumped off of Ivan and into the recliner adjacent to the couch. Marco walked out and rubbed his eyes sleepily.

          "Leslie what are you doing out here?" He eyed me hungrily. God even just waking up he's horny. "And what are you wearing?" I looked down taking notice for the first time all night of what I was wearing. I had on a tight brown leather jacket with an even tighter white tank top underneath, dark blue skinny jeans and brown leather ankle boots with a thin heel. I never dressed like this and now that I thought about it, I didn't remember actually putting them on.

          "I... I don't know." I said looking down at myself.

          "Well come back to bed, I'm sure you're just out here boring Ivan with your whining."

          "Oh she's not boring me at all. I actually found our conversation quite stimulating." Ivan said with a smirk.

          "I'll be back there in a minute baby, why don't you go warm it up for me?" Marco smiled and walked back into the bedroom leaving the door cracked. I stood and took off the leather jacket and boots.