39

"Then why? Why everyone I get close to ends up dying?"

I couldn't answer this question, all I could do was hold him, as silence engulfed us that until Mikey pulled away.

"It feels like Izana died again" he mumbled "and this time I also couldn't do anything about it"

Mikey told me about Izana before, how he was manipulated into hating Mikey and how he died while saving Kaku.

He then Shaked his head "you should go back home, it's almost midnight anyway".

"What about you?" I asked.
"It doesn't matter, here .. my house, both feels lonely to me" he shrugged and got back to staring at the ceiling.

I sighed "Mikey you need to at least get some sleep".

He stayed silent, it seemed like he doesn't even acknowledge me anymore.

So I held his face and leaned down a bit to make him look at me "you are doing it again" I said softly "you are pushing me away again".

"It's better this way".
"No! It's not!"
"Everyone I get close to dies y/n, .... I don't.... I don't want you to die" he averted his gaze away from mine.

"I'm not gonna die, I promise"
"You can't promise that"
"Try me" He looked back into my eyes so I continued "try trusting me this time".

He held my hand that was still on his face "you won't ..... leave me?"
I shaked my head "no".
"Ever?"
"Ever" I smiled and that seemed to give him some kind of relief, it broke my heart to see that he was ready to push everybody away so that he won't lose anyone else.

"Now, would you please go home and get some sleep?" I asked.
"Only if you stay with me".

.........................................

After that day with Mikey things got a bit better, at least Mikey got back to interacting with people, as for the executives, they started getting back to normal as well everyone just decided to bury their grief and get going, we still needed to find Hanma cause wether we liked it or not he is a threat, he killed one of us and he could kill more.

I was doing some work in my office when I got a call that I was anticipating for a while now, so I picked up immediately.

"Hello"
"I found some interesting info!"
"Great! I knew I could count on you Yuko, so what did you find?" I rushed out of office heading to Ran's office.
"So a friend of mine is working at another club and she told me that a guy with the same description attends this club on the first Friday of every month, he reserves a VIP room under the name Higashi Shiro and hold meetings with two other men, she managed to sneakily take a picture of him I'll send it to you now"

I barged into Ran's office and he looked at me quizzically.
I smirked "you did great Yuko, I'll make sure you get a good raise for this"
"It's the least I could do Miss y/n"

After we hung up she sent me the photo and the address of the club, I leaned on Ran's desk who is still confused and showed him the photo.

"We found the fucker".

.........................................

after sharing the info we got with the others everyone had different thoughts about the whole situation.

"I have a bad feeling about this" Rindou was the first one to speak.
"I agree, it might be a trap" said Koko.

"Oh come on, don't be a bunch of pussies" Sanzu rolled his eyes "we didn't do anything for a fucking month now, are we really going to let that fucker stay alive for longer than that?".
"I'm not saying that we will let him get away with what he did? But going straight to a trap isn't a bright idea" Rindou retorted.

"It's not a trap, I trust Yuko she won't betray us" I said back.
"You might trust her y/n, but do you trust her friend?" Takeomi who was only listening finally said.
"I...." I started but I was unable to say anything to that, I don't know that other girl she can be working for Hanma, I was so anger driven that I didn't think of that possiblity.

"I don't fucking care if it's a trap!" Ran shouted "if there is a 1% possiblity that I would kill him I will fucking take it".

That silenced everyone, Ran's words affecting all of us cause deep down we all felt the same way, we all wanted to do something, anything.

"Brother..." Rindou started but Ran cut him off.
"I'm sorry but I just can't let that guy live for any longer".

Then Rindou turned to Mikey who was calmly listening to our discussion, hoping that he would stop this "Mikey?"

Mikey cleared his throat and we all turned towards him "Ran and y/n, are you willing to take that risk?" He asked.

"Yes!" We both said.
"Fine, next Friday night will be the time of the meeting, take as many men with you as you can and kill everyone in that VIP room, and in case this was a trap, contact Sanzu at once".
Then he turned to Sanzu "you will be close to the club and you will inform us and help in case anything happens".

Then he looked at the others "the rest will be in the HQ, in case we got attacked".

Everyone stayed silent thinking about this plan and preparing themselves mentally.

"Is everything clear?" Mikey said in his calm voice.

"Yes!" We all said.
"Good, this meeting is over now" he said and we all got ready to leave.

I was the last one of the executives to leave the room but before I managed to, Mikey grabbed my hand.

I looked at him quizzically wondering what does he want.

"You better remember your promise to me".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: I'm curious about your thoughts, what do you think will happen👀, I'm going to get back together replying to comments really soon ❤️

I might do a double update today 😊

Also Merry Christmas loves not sure if it's early or not but I hope you guys have an amazing holiday, love you all❤️❤️