36

"Mikey, it's Kakucho, he is shot!"

I froze when I heard those words, no! This can't be happening, I was keeping my guard up and keeping track on everyone, Kakucho was supposed to be in his office today, what the fuck happened?!

"How bad was he hurt?!" Mikey asked bringing me back to my senses, on contrary of his calm voice his face showed concern and worry, I looked at Ran, hoping that he would say it wasn't that bad but his face said otherwise.

"He was shot in the chest, and is losing so much blood, we prepared an operation room for him right now and the doctor started the procedure".

Mikey grabbed his gun hurriedly ready to leave with both me and Ran following him, he looked at me and said "guess your old friend started making his first move".

..................................

We reached the makeshift hospital that Kakucho was in, two hours have passed and the doctor is still inside the operation room, my mind was racing, Kaku would die, and it's all my fault!

Why didn't I warn them sooner? Why did I have to stay silent for this long?

Kaku please don't die, I need you!

I .... Love you...

"Don't cry, he will be fine that fucker survived getting shot many times before" Sanzu said as he sat down next to me.

I wiped my tears quickly not realizing that I started crying "Do you know how did he got shot?" I asked.
"Ran said that he was with him, they had some business in one of the clubs and he got shot as he was going out of the club, no one knows who shot him"

"A sniper?" I asked.
"Yep" Sanzu said "I'll fucking shred him when I find him" he clinched his fist, anger showing on his face.

Is this really Hanma's doing? How could he even afford to hire a sniper? I don't even know anymore, maybe it's not Hanma we have many other enemies already.

This doesn't even matter now, all I want now was for Kakucho to be okay, to hold him closely again, to talk to him again.

The doctor came out of the operation room and I rushed towards him "is he okay? Please tell me that he is okay!"

"Calm down, miss, his condition is stable at the moment but he will need another surgery after two days".

Ran came next to me and asked the doctor "can we visit him?"
"Preferably tomorrow he is still under the effect of the anaesthetics".

Then Mikey spoke from behind us calmly "thank you doctor".

After the doctor left, Mikey ordered everyone except me and Sanzu to start searching for the shooter and kill him, and ordered me and Sanzu to stay and guard Kakucho just in case.

I was sitting silently outside of Kakucho's room, thinking about the whole situation, all I wanted right now is to hear his soothing voice.

"Here, it will be a long night" Sanzu gave me a cup of coffee, I didn't even realize he went to get coffee.
"Thank you" I said taking the cup and he just nodded and sat next to me.

"I never saw you quiet like that" he said "what happened to the snarky comments?"
"I can't think of any right now" I said.
"I didn't know you guys got this ... Close" he mumbled but I could hear it.