"So we go to the dance, and we find him," said Damon.

"That's not gonna be easy," said Maddy. "We have no idea what he looks like. Katherine didn't tell us anything about his appearance before she vanished."

Damon made a face. "Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply."

"He might be," said Maddy. "Elijah told me Klaus is younger than him. Elijah was what... in mid twenties, maybe, when he turned? I don't know how big their age gap is, maybe Klaus was Stefan's age."

"Vampires don't get acne, little sis," said Damon. "Even if he's young, I'm pretty sure he'll stand out."

"He could be anywhere at any time," muttered Stefan. "He compelled somebody at school. Maybe multiple people are already under his control."

The door opened, and Alaric came in. "There you are," said Damon.

"Sorry I'm late," the history teacher said.

"Hey, I need you to put me down as a chaperone at the dance tonight alongside Mads. Klaus made his first move."

"Okay," said Elena, "so we find him and then what, hmm? What's our plan of attack?"

"Me," said Bonnie. "I'm the plan. He has no idea how much power I can channel. If you can find him, I can kill him."

"That's not going to be that easy," said Alaric. "I mean, he is the biggest, baddest vampire around."

"Alaric has a point," said Damon. "I mean, what if he—" he tried to catch Bonnie off guard by jumping her, but without even moving her arms, she sent him crashing into a table across th room.

"Well, I was impressed," said Stefan as Maddy fought to suppress a smile.

"It doesn't matter if he's an Original," the Bennett witch said. "I can take down anyone who comes at me. I can kill him, Elena. I know I can."

"We should probably be armed just in case," she said. "Ric, do you think you could bring some weapons here before we go to the dance?"

"Sure," he replied. "And then maybe we all go in the same car?"

"Hell no," said Damon. "I don't accept rides from other people."

"Damon," said Maddy, "you do realize that if things get ugly, your car might get messed up? No offense, Ric, but yours isn't as cute. Better we use his."

"Ugh, alright," said Damon. "But Maddy's going in the back seat."

"Why am I always in the back seat?" Maddy asked. "I call shotgun."

Alaric held up his hands. "As the driver, I think Maddy should ride in front. She's gonna be wearing a dress. You don't put a lady in a dress in the back seat of a car. Give her some leg room."

Maddy smiled. "Yes, thank you, Ric, exactly."

"Oh, screw you both," said Damon. "I hate the back seat, I'll just walk. Besides, Mads, what the hell are you gonna wear?"

"Probably a skirt, boots, and a shirt with flowers," she said. "Hair tied up. If we end up having to fight this guy I don't want to be stuck unable to move."

"It's settled then," said Alaric. "I'll come get you guys at... seven?"

"Sounds good to me, Ric," said Elena. "We'll be ready."

Alaric arrived at six forty-five. He made his way upstairs to make sure everyone was ready, knocking on the doorframe of Maddy's room when he found her almost done straightening her hair after already putting it in a high ponytail.