Chapter 1 | When I Met You Again (Part 2)

Chapter 1 - When I met You Again (Part 2)

Music: Nothing Left by Eunoia

Louie was scheduled for an interview at SterlingCorp. We arrived twenty minutes before his appointment time which was at 10 a.m. The building was massive and the lobby looked elegant with a huge silver letter S in the middle. Louie excused himself to use the restroom. My phone kept buzzing in my pocket. They were all notifications from the jobs I applied for the past few weeks. Most of them were rejections anyway, so why bother reading them?

A crowd formed outside the lobby when a black limousine pulled up. Reporters immediately rushed towards the car when one of the bodyguards opened up the passenger door. I recognized the guy that slipped out. Vincent Sterling. Of course. I keep forgetting that his father had already stepped down from being the CEO. We briefly met at a company BBQ years ago. We never really talked that day. I didn't like the fact that my father wanted me to date him even after he broke up with his ex-girlfriend. Besides, I also kept thinking how he was way out of my league, so we never really got the chance to know each other.

As soon as Vincent entered the building, another black luxury car stopped in front of the building and another guy came out wearing a Navy-blue suit with black hair perfectly combed back in place. He looked a little familiar. I stared at him until he entered the double glass doors. Where have I seen him before? He looked like one of those handsome male lead actors in Korean dramas. He had flawless porcelain like skin, almost like he was airbrushed to perfection and lifted up straight from a magazine. From the way he moved, you'd think he was a model walking down a fashion runway. In short, he was simply gorgeous. I might have seen him on TV or online, so maybe that's why he looked familiar.

Louie came out of the restroom and asked me if I was ready. The guy and his entourage were waiting in front of the elevator. I could feel Louie tugging at my arm as he pulled me towards the elevator. He followed the direction of my gaze. "What are you looking at?"

Before I could say something, the guy and his bodyguards had already entered the elevator. I decided to brush the question off my mind. "It's nothing. I thought I saw someone I knew."

Louie and I stepped into the crowded elevator. I peered up at him and noticed how he was sweating bullets. "Relax, Lou. You can do this. Don't be nervous."

"I'm not nervous," he said in a defensive tone. "I just can't stand it when an elevator is crammed with people. It triggers my claustrophobia."

"Oh, that's not good," I scrunched up my nose. "If you do get hired then you'll definitely be dealing with this every single day."

"That's what I was thinking. And all the mixture of different scents of perfume kills me," he pinched his nose, obviously voicing out his sheer displeasure with everyone around us. "I can't stand it. My sinus is acting up," a lady in front of us glanced at Louie over her shoulder. Louie flashed a smile in return. "No offense if you're wearing perfume. My nose is just killing me right now."

Applicants filled the whole waiting room. It wasn't surprising due to the fact that almost every person in the city dreamt of working for SterlingCorp. Word got around that the company offered great employee benefits. Decent salary, health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid leave, and more. The company had zero tolerance for bullying, so for employees who do get caught easily gets the boot, right on the spot. People would easily kill for a job like that. I heard Vincent frequently does a company clean sweep. No wonder he's well loved by all his employees. As for me, I couldn't see myself working at a place like this. Especially if it was for my dad's company.