10

I CAN EXPLAIN. Well there's not much to explain I think I lost this book so all yall come get this last hit before I go watch paint dry love yall besitos/p /im not returning to this fic

TRIGGER WARNINGS: mention and dealing with and of abuse

as the holiday ended, they were allowed back into their dorms. Brian brought Quinn back in and they had a family talk. It was actually just Evan, Brock and John barging in.
"JESUS!!" Brock had cried. They had been eating mac and cheese on the floor of his room. If the stuff that had happened the past few days hadn't happened, no one but John would've been able to see the mute horror on Brian's face when they made that loud entrance.
They didn't say anything.
"Brine! Brock!" David sat down on the floor.
"It's time for a therapy talk!" Evan insisted. John swatted his head.
"Heeeyy!! That was my idea first!"
"I don't see a trademark on it!"
"Both of ye! Shut up!"
John stuck his tongue out. "Screw you. I'm the therapist friend here."
"Isn't that a.. bad thing..?"
The raccoon hybrid look blankly at Brock. "Uh, yeah. But I'm not actually the ACTUAL therapist friend in my other friend groups."
"YOU'VE BEEN CHEATING ON US!?!" Brian howled. They all started roughhousing. How do therapy talks always start off with violence?
When they were all puckered out and lying on the floor, Evan suddenly said, "Should we tell the teachers?"
"No." Surprisingly enough, that came from David.
"What? Why though?"
"No, but- I mean, I get why you wanna do so, but Brian is safe with us. Its okay."
"What- David, I don't think you get it. This is- "
"No, I mean that Brian isn't really in contact with him anymore."
"Yeah. Vouch." Brock giggled from Brian's response.
"Okay.. but I mean, its not like I'm talking about something that COULD happen, I'm talking about something that already DID happen like-"
"Just say it. Its alright."
Evan winced. "Alright, we know that.. um, Brian's dad has abused him. That has to come to light, doesn't it?"
"Evan, I'm sorry but I have to side with David here," John piped up.
"What? But the teachers would be able to help him. Y'know?"
"Okay, but the thing is that, if we DO tell the teachers- I mean I'm not like, saying they're useless or what- but the thing is that the effect CAN'T be immediate, right? So there's a window where they're still like yknow deciding what to do. And meanwhile, that leaves Brian very susceptible."
Brian had fallen asleep.
"What does susceptible mean?"
"Vulnurable. God, David- What? I thought you scored second highest in English class!" Evan said.
"That was comprehension based for the weighted assessment!" David shot back.
"Okay, but David. How do you think we can keep him safe?"
"Like how Brocks mom can offer to house him. And if things go wrong, he can come over to mine. Under Brock's Mom's protection-"
"Okay, that DOES sound good," Evan admitted. "But I feel like it would be a lot better if the teachers were alerted. Legal action and whatnot."
"But Evan. You're putting your trust in the teachers. What's your backup plan?"
"David's idea, I guess."
"No. Evan, there's one more thing. If word gets around that Brian has an abusive dad, it'll soon reach his dad's ears. Fuck, even the school might talk to him about it. And what will his dad do to Brian then?"
"Oh. Oh. Shit. Oh god."
"I highly doubt we can all fend off against his dad. Actually, we DO have a good chance- BUT I'M NOT RISKING IT, MAN."
"No- I'm sure we can all take him!" Brock insisted.
"Really?" David scrunched his nose up.
"Yes. I can go for the knees, since I can build momentum with my flight.."
Everyone burst out laughing. Brian woke up.

david: air
evan: fire, owl
brock: eagle
brian: ice
john: raccoon