3

word count: 1437

it was 10am when Brock woke up. it was also 11.39am when he decided to get out of bed.
When he shuffled outside, Quinn was on the table, and to his surprise, Brian was with her and a mug of coffee.
"Brian!" Brock said. "Aren't you supposed to be with David?"
"Naw, it- we're supposed to meet up for lunch, not before that. By the way, the entire squad's coming; You sure you don't wanna come?"
Brock, having tooken a seat by Brian, pouted.
"Now, you know that I can't say no, right?"
Brian laughed.
in a second, Brock became all hot and stuttery. His thoughts were all swarming around his head like a little storm in his mind. He looked away, savoring the mental picture of Brian smiling like that in his mind.
Man, he was really crushing hard. And on his roommate at that.
When they had met at the fast food joint, Evan and David were already there.
"Guys!" David called. "What took ye so long?"
"Aheh, sorry! We were just walking slow," Brian apologised sheepishly.
"Yeah, dude," Evan commented. "We had to order without you guys."
"Aw, rude!" Brian mock punched Evan's shoulder. Brock stayed silent.
"Ey, Broccoli, you good?" David poked his arm.
"Huh? Oh, just thinking." He smiled lucidly at them. It was like the sunlight that shone through opal.
"I actually brought a little something that I thought we could do." Brock pulled out a pack of UNO cards from his bag. That day, David nearly stabbed Brian with his fork.
When they paid for the food, Evan herded all of them out like the three little 9 year old fuck nuggets they were and the first thing they did was run off. As David headed for the trinket shop, Brock and Brian bee lined for the arcade. Evan thought that he could keep an eye on them both. He couldn't. That was how they all got terribly lost.
When they entered a group call and managed to find each other again, both David and Evan found Brian holding a big cat pillow. it was made with soft textile and something that Brock could hold at night when he slept. did I mention that Brian got it for him?
"Hey, guys. You know what we could do, actually?" Evan mused.
"What?"
He looked up, eyes shining. "Hide and seek."
"God, we are so immature.." Brian muttered. "Fuck yeah, dude."
Brock started laughing.
Brian flashed a finger at David. "I SAY HE'S THE SEEKER!"
"AYE, FUCK OFF!" He yelled at him. Evan burst out laughing.
"Guys, guys, please! We're literally in public right now!" Evan cried as a couple looked at them weird.
David broke off his shout, glaring at Brian like a deranged chihuahua.
"Okay, but is it a.. tag hide and seek?"
"Oh, well.. its a public space, so I dunno.."
"Can David still be a seeker?"
"Yeah?" Evan laughed. "Only if you become the seeker with him."
Brock made eye contact with him for a split second, and almost at once it had felt like he never turned to look at him. ".. Deal's off, then."
"Okay, how about I be the seeker, then?" Brock volunteered.
"That's okay. Everyone good with that?"
"Yep."
"Fine."
"Okay, how many seconds do I have to count?"
"20."
"Oh, okay! 1... 2..." Brian instantly darted off, followed by David. Evan went the opposite direction and disappeared.
When Brock had opened his eyes, they were nowhere to be seen.
Brock had found David fucking wandering around the mall, though when he saw him he booked it and still got caught, because he tried to use his wind quirk to propel him and all it did was make him fall over.
Evan was found only because Brock saw a feather on the ground with the same tear and same black stripe he's seen on his folded wings all the time. After heading in that general direction, he saw him with a hat on in a clothing shop. Evan then proceeded to take off (not literally) and the only reason why Brock found him in the end was because his flight feathers were poking out of the big ring of clothing that he was hiding in.
Brian on the other hand was nowhere to be found.
When Brock found himself in an elevator lobby at the 3rd floor out of 4, he decided to go to the top level, being too lazy to take the stairs. lo and behold, there Brian was.
Brock could say that he missed him. The moment they met eyes, Brian started screaming.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! FUCK!! BROCK!!!"
He could only laugh, seeing the boy so terrified.
As he saw him lay his eyes on the button panel, Brock dove into the lift as Brian shot for the close button. They both ended up trapped in the lift.
Neither of them spoke a word, it was just maneuvers in a space too tight for Brock's wings. As they stood in a stand still, Brock's wings covering the button panels, he suddenly darted forward, wrapping his wings around empty air as Brian dove through his feathers and into the other side, heading for the button.
Brock whipped around, his wings flashing everywhere, and Brian was forced into the other corner. this was gonna be hard.
all of a sudden, the lift started moving down.
As Brock darted in to his left, Brian strafed to the right, and then when Brock tried to grab him, he ducked underneath his left arm and slammed his hand on the button panel. he had a split second to duck as Brock's wing flashed over his head.
Brock decided, fuck it, right as the lift door opened. now this was a disadvantage as Brock rushed forward, wings too low for Brian to duck by but too high for him to jump over.
Brian didn't book it in time for Brock to slam into him, wrapping his wings around the poor sod as they both crashed to the ground.
"Woah, shit!!"
"Brock?!" He could barely hear Evan and David over the sound of blood roaring in his ears. all of a sudden, his entire body felt saturated and hot, face buried in Brian's waist.
Getting off quickly, he stood up, brushing himself off with a light, pearly blush on his face.
Brian sprung up, laughing heartily. "Brock, fucking- He should be banned from being a seeker! He has extra body parts, how is any of this fair?! God, we should've gone with David!"
They actually did go for another round with David as the seeker but all he did was trip people over with wind. Even when Evan jumped off the 2nd floor and onto the 1st with his wings poised to flap, he ran into trouble.. and the wind.
That was when Evan felt tired and they decided to go home, seeing as 3pm for Evan would've been like 1am for the rest of them.
Sunday was spent with Brock desperately trying to help Brian with his math homework, having completed his on Friday. So much for giving him trouble during Math lesson. Speaking of math lesson, it was the first lesson tomorrow and telling that to Brian nearly made him start crying.

notes:
- I'm actually just banging pots and pans together
- Evan's sleeping schedule is that when he's done eating lunch at 1, he goes to sleep until 10pm.

so sorry to have just thrown that wind quirk in all of a sudden I was just rushing to cover up the plot hole and had a quirk draft for David (finally)
Next chapter will hopefully be John's debut, and then it's David and Tyler, or at least that's what I'm planning. roughly.
this is shorter than usual, being only 1379 words or around there, but I just wanted to prepare something special for the weekends since they're allowed to do whatever they want to.
I hope you had a good read!

- hinta