5

**crowd cheering**
WOO
LOOK WHO IT IS
BIG MAN
BACK WITH YOUR ANNUAL FIC UPDATE

the next time Brock and Brian were sneaking around school, it was 6.10am. the day was starting to bleed into the night in the form of a deep blue breaching into the screen of pure darkness. the air was as still as it could be, and it seemed that time had stopped for the both of them and it was just Brock and Brian and the still world.
that was not for long, though as Evan came soaring over from the dark side of the world like the sky was an overturned burnt pancake.
he came with chipotle, and the three friends simply lounged around the rooftop and ate breakfast while they talked about scandals.
"But Evan, don't you remember that one time you got into trouble just so that when you were tooken to the general office, you could play steamed hams over the PA system?"
Brian burst out laughing. "Wait, wh- You actually did that?!"
"Yeah! apparently some people started reciting it too!"
"Wait, but what did you do that got you into the general office in the first place?"
"Oh, I punched a student. To be fair, he was being a dick." Evan flashed a smile.
"You fockin' mad lad.."
"Brian, wh-what about you?" Brock asked, suddenly breaking mid sentence. It was just when he looked at him. for a fraction in time, his eyes were all there were. it was both striking and soft and made Brock's heart suddenly race like crazy.
"Oh, me?" He laughed. "I locked the teacher out once."
"I- what?"
"Dude!" Evan's eyes stretched wide.
"The door had a lock on it and he was leaving the classroom to chew someone out just because they weren't in their uniform." Brian grinned. "And I was sat near the door."
Brock started fiddling with his thumbs. he had an intoxicating smile.
"Actually, you guys wanna like, pull a prank on a teacher or something?"
Brock perked up. "Oh?"
"Wait," Evan said. "I- okay.. in science class we had an experiment.
"What happened was that we were testing fertiliser, and we tested three different types on the grass over the weekends. And guess what? one of them was so successful, you could see the thick patch of grass from a mile away. A-And-"
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Brian jumped in.
"Yes. I saw we spell something out."
Brock started laughing. "Wh-what do you wanna spell?"
"Penis!"
Evan started laughing as hard as Brock, followed by Brian soon after.
"Aight, you- you wanna do it?"
"Heck yeah!" Brock cheered.
"Yes. Yes yes." Brian grinned at them.
As the clock reached 7.10am, the sun crept out of the horizon, bleeding its rays into the sky, like how prometheus got his liver pecked by a bird every day. Evan imagined that the blood red sunrise was the pain he felt and started to regret it.
While Brock was looking at the sunrise, Brian was looking at Brock instead and how good the sun looked on him. he used to love looking at the sunrise.
"Evan, how're we gonna get the fertiliser, first of all?"
"A-Ah.. okay, so—we can't get the fertiliser naturally. We have to steal it from the science lab."
"Woah, wait." Brian 's eyes stretched wide. "D-Dude."
"Hey, cmon, you were the one who locked a teacher out!" 
They all started laughing.
"Wait, Evan, what science class are you in? There's a chance that our respective classes hasn't gone for the experiment yet," Brian said.
"Uhh- 1A."
"That means that 1B is next, if we're going by alphabetical. Brock, what class are you in?"
"1C."
"Isn't David from 1B?" Evan piped up.
"Ohh, shit!" Brian slapped his hand over his forehead. "That means that- okay, if we want to do this over the weekends- fuck, it's already Thursday.."
"We could always do it next week.."
"No, Brock!" Brian snapped, though light heartedly. "We ain't doin it next week!"
"Okay, jeez!"
Evan started laughing.
"So we just ask him during break later?"
"Yeah, but I dunno if he'll even be on board with this.."
"Well, it doesn't hurt to ask!" Brock smiled. Brian flushed a bit.
at the 6th period, Evan shouted, "HEEY!! JOHHNN!!"
The blue jacket from yesterday whipped around to reveal a set of two ears rimming a hockey mask. "Wha-?! Oh! Evan!" He scurried over to their table, sitting down with his bread.
"John, this week the library at Arewick restocks, so could we drop by there sometime for Moonborne Hearts?"
"Oh, shit! Fuck yeah!" He flashed a big smile.
"Oh, and by the way, these are my friends." Evan leaned away to show them. Brock waved at him. Brian flashed the peace sign, sticking his tongue out playfully.
"This fuck nugget over here is Brian.." Upon hearing his introduction, he slapped the back of the owl hybrid's head.
"OW! Hey, what!"
"Ye fooken bird, could ya introduce me as something other than a fookin McDonald's meal for once?!"
"Hi, I'm Brock, and this is David."
"Pleasure meetin' ya."
"By the way, David, you're in class, uh.. 1B for chem, right?"
"Hah? No, I'm in 1D."
Brock buffered for a second before turning and shaking Brian's shoulder. "Uh, Brian?"
He stopped his scuffle with Evan, turning around. "Yeah?"
"David's from 1D instead of 1B."
The lively smile leaked out of his face. "Oh.."
"Why're we talking about chem classes?"
"Okay, it all started when me, Brian and Brock all decided to prank the teachers.."
"What we're gonna do is sneak fertiliser back to our dorms to lay in the grass before the weekends, so hopefully when it grows it'll spell something like penis or whatever," Brian cut in.
"Oh, wait, shit! You want- or, wanted me to steal foken fertiliser for ye?" David gasped.
"Yes, precisely, since the experiments are proceeding class by class in alphabetical order. 1A has already gone, and its already Thursday."
"I can help!" John raised his hand. "I'm from class 1B, and we're actually doing the experiment after this break."
"Wha-? Oh, shit! Okay, we don't have a lot of time now. Just, we need loads and loads of fertiliser, okay?" Brian told him.
He nodded, determined.
"...You're gonna have to steal it." Evan looked at him in worry.
"Ah, nothing little ol' me can't handle!" John puffed out his chest.
David laughed. When the bell sounded, everyone got up and to their classes.
As the second break approached, John was already standing by the table they usually sat at.
"John!" Brock hared over to him. "You got the stuff?"
"Yep, in my dorm. Should we go review them over later..?"
The fertiliser was waxy and brownish in colour. It didn't help that Evan only touched it with gloves on.
"Welp, here's our concoction!" He announced, showing it to the gang. They were all crowded around the bathroom sink in John's room.
"God, you make it sound like we're gonna drink that shit."
"Now, why would I do that?" Evan planted his hands on his hips and wheeled around to face Brian, squinting at him. They all descended into laughter.
"How late do you think nobody will be around during then?" John asked.
There was a mute silence of everyone just looking at each other before Evan said, "I'm gonna infer the meaning of that sentence and say about 5am."
"Should we just go to sleep during then..?" David trailed off.
"I'm fuckin down for staying up. Its the weekends anyway, whats the difference?"
"So are you staying up or staying down?" Brock mused.
To be fair, it was 12am, likewise for me
Brian snorted. "Why don't you take a wild guess, Brock?"
In the end, they didn't go to sleep. They stayed up for an hour longer at Evans dorm (because Luke, John's roomie, kicked them out) before applying the fertiliser. it was 1.34am.

notes:
- no notes please I wrote this like 4 weeks apart

I rushed through the last part, since I had an unfinished draft sitting in my writing space. just thought I'd give it out to you guys.
there probably isn't gonna be a next update, it's been really hectic especially with finals and stuff.
I guess that's all from me or this book I might upload what I had in mind for this as well uhhhh this is so disappointing I'm so sorry my 10 viewers I've let you down sobs
okay bye guys drink water stay safe and i hope this little thing made you a bit happier 😭

Hinta