2

word count: 2217

"So, class, I assume that all of you have read the letter issued to your parents regarding the dormitory?" Mr Mitch asked.
"Brock, what the fuck is he talkin' bout?"
"The parents letter! On the school website account thing!"
"Oh!" David whispered back. "...Can you send me it later?"
Brock started laughing. "Sure!"
"By Friday, you should have moved into your dormitories already, assuming that you've already picked out who you want to share a dorm with, if you're opting for that." Brock instantly started thinking of Brian. He shoved the thoughts away. There are only so many one person dorm rooms, he thought. I should register for them before they get sold out.
As Brock caught up to Evan, David and Brian on their way to the canteen after lessons, Brian slowed down to meet him, away from Evan and David.
"Hey, dude!"
"Hi!" Brock greeted him cheerily.
"Uhh.. So, Brock.. You remember the dorm thing in form teacher period today?"
"Y-Yeah. Why?"
"Well, I was wondering, would you share a dorm with me?"
Brock literally didn't know what to think. "W-What?"
"Look, Brock, listen.." Now he just sounded like he was trying to convince the poor guy that he was in a dream. It certainly fucking felt so. "I know we've been friends for like, a day, but I need some help."
"With what?"
Brian took a deep breath and continued. "I have a cat at home, and I-I'm not supposed to have that at home with me! My dad'll kill me if he finds that cat! And the only alternative is to keep it in my dorm. Please, Brock. You're my only hope left other than sending the poor girl to a shelter."
Brock stayed silent for a few moments. "..What's her name?"
"I, uh.. decided on Quinn."
A small smile tugged at Brocks lips. How could he say no?
He sighed, and said, "Yeah, alright. I'll take care of her."
The next thing he knew, Brian was hugging him.
"Thank you, Brock. You have no idea how much this means to me."
Brian was hugging his arms so tightly that he couldn't seem to hug back. Brock's eyes started buzzing from how he smelt like lavender, his absolute most favourite in the world. When he let go, he was still dazed.
"Dude, you good?"
"Ah! Uh, yeah, yeah. When are we moving in again?"
"By the end of this week, actually. I'll be registering the both of us?"
"Let's do it later after we eat, okay?"
"Sure, dude!"
Brock initially thought that he was doing it for the cat. the good of Quinn, he always told himself when he thought about domestic life with Brian. There wasn't much to keep his mind busy when it came to that.
Brian had arrived almost empty handed. All he had was a toothbrush, his clothes and books, all in a backpack and a small box.
Everyone was given two boxes that were slightly bigger. When Brock first stepped into the dorm, having to squeeze his wings together to actually fit through the door, he found Brian making a cardboard house for Quinn out of the boxes he didn't use. The cat in question was nowhere to be seen.
"Oh, Brock!" Brian's eyes flicked up to the door.
"Hey Brian. Where's, uh.. Quinn?"
"Oh, she's right here!" Brian bent down to his side and pulled up a cat. She seemed smaller than a normal sized cat, but definitely not a kitten, like an adolescent cat. She was pure white, fur still as fluffy as that of a kitten but as smooth as a normal cat.
Brian set Quinn on the table. She simply eyed his messy handywork, and then set her calm gaze on Brock, waving her tail around.
"So, Brian, where'd you find Quinn?" Brock said, walking over to him.
"Oh, uh.."
He grasped the handle of his room. there was stuff he needed to unpack.
"I got her from an old lady I used to visit. Ms Marilyn."
Brock dropped his bag off in his room. "Tell me more later during dinner, alright? I gotta go unpack, sorry!"
"Oh, it's cool!"
Brock stood in his room. There was a desk, window and bed.
there were also two boxes that Brock could sit on.
When Brock had gotten his books, clothes and pictures out (they were what he brought with him today-posters of comic books, pictures his ex used to draw, and some others), it had been night time. As he ambled outside, Brian's project was abandoned on the table.
He was on the couch, eating chips for dinner. Brock in question simply decided to take up a bag and listen to him talk about Ms Marilyn and how she gave him her cat before she moved to a home which didn't allow pets.
He was really starting to like this.