When We Were Young - Lando Norris

Summary: When Y/N agreed to join her older brother at the Norris' for Christmas, she didn't expect to find herself infatuated with her brother's best friend all over again.

"God, this is bringing back college memories," Max mumbled under his breath, a smile on his lips as he drove through the snowy streets. The landscape was a mixture of tall trees and mountains, some clouds blocking the view of their peaks.

"You guys came here often?" You asked your brother, noticing a rather large house just a few miles away.

"Every summer," Max said, taking another turn as he gave you a quick look. "We used to throw the biggest parties ever, before Norris left,"

"And you didn't even invite me," you tsked, pushing your beanie on the top of your head when he pulled up inside a driveway, your eyes scanning the fancy mountain house before you.

"Try to be nice, okay?" Max warned you, pointing a finger your way as he left the car. You lifted your middle finger when he turned his back to you to knock on the front door, your body soon leaving the car to grab your bags.

"Oh my God, Max! Hi!" You recognized Cisca's voice, a smile forming on your lips as you looked at your long-time family friend hugging your brother tightly. "I haven't seen you in ages,"

"Hi, Cisca," your brother chuckled, gently pulling back to hug her husband. His smile grew even larger when Lando appeared, the two best friends finding themselves in a tight embrace as they laughed in chorus.

"Oh, Y/N," Cisca sighed happily, pulling you in a hug and kissing the top of your head lightly, like she did back when you were five. "I'm so happy you could make it, honey,"

"Thank you for having me," you smiled, hugging Adam when he greeted you. You met Lando's eyes, a smile forming on your lips as you found yourself in front of the old friend. His features had changed from the last time you'd seen him, he was built, and he definitely looked taller. His smile was still the same, though. The one you had loved so much.

"Hi," he said lightly, opening his arms for you, letting you go after a couple of seconds. You took in the insides of the house: the tall Christmas tree, the fireplace in the living room, the large windows, and the soft lights that illuminated the various rooms. It felt... cozy.

"Anyone wants hot chocolate?"

-----

Lando was trying to keep his eyes off of you. The light of the fireplace was hitting your body just right, and he could have sworn you were the prettiest sight on earth. It had been years since he had last seen you, leaving you with a quick 'goodbye' and an excited smile on his face.

It had been the night before his departure, he could still remember it. He said goodbye to all his friends, left the girl he was seeing with a kiss, and came to see Max one last time. You had happened to stand by the doorway, catching the last few glimpses of their bone-crushing hug as they laughed. Lando had walked past you, ruffling your hair with a chuckle before walking towards the front door of your house to go back home, ready for his new start.

Since then, he had barely spent time home, missing not only the growth of his entire family, but also of his closest friends which, in some ways, involved you, too.

The braces you had once worn were gone, your short hair had become long, framing your face in the best possible way, and your younger version had left to let the new you take over. You were a sight to see.

"Norris, eyes on the game," Max snapped him out of his trance, tapping his thigh with his controller and pointing at the TV. His best friend had beaten him another time, making him scoff softly.