For You, I'd Become Hercules | 2 | - Daniel Ricciardo

Summary: A happy life with Theo. That was what you and Daniel had been expecting ever since you had moved in. The universe, though, had other plans.

"Daddy," Theo whined when Emily, his kindergarten teacher, told the parents it was time to leave. "I don't want you to go,"

"Theo, c'mon, be a good boy," Daniel kneeled near his little boy, gently caressing his back. "You'll have fun with all the other kids,"

"I'll pick you up in only a couple of hours, baby," you whispered, wiping the tear that slipped past Theo's eye before kissing his cheek. Your own eyes were glossy, it was hard for you to actually see.

When Daniel looked up at you to find some sort of help, you saw just how much everything was affecting him too. Theo was slowly growing up, already headed off to Kindergarten, and it was especially hard for your lover to let him go. Daniel had been his father for years, but he had never thought seeing him start school was going to be that hard, never.

If you hadn't paid attention to your surroundings, you would have thought it was an angel calling for Theo; instead, it was a little girl dressed in yellow, her red hair in a high ponytail. "Do you wanna color with me?"

Theo's teary eyes left Daniel to settle on the little girl, who was pushing a blank paper his way, a bag full of crayons in her other hand. The little boy nodded his head, wiping the remaining tears on his cheeks quickly before sitting down next to her, leaving you and Daniel on your own.

"Do we really have to leave?" Daniel whispered, watching over his kid, who was smiling like crazy already.

"I think we should," you mumbled with a strangled giggle, noticing the glances the teacher was giving the two of you - the only parents left inside the classroom. You left the overly decorated room after saying goodbye to Theo and his new friend, Tiffany.

Your hand slipped into Daniel's when the door was shut behind you, heading towards the car to get back home. The drive was silent, Daniel's hand still linked with yours over the console as he kept his eyes on the packed road.

He missed the turn to reach your condo, instead driving straight away from the city until he reached the top of a hill. He turned the car off just then, finally letting you take in the landscape, the Big Ben seeming so distant from your spot.

The silence inside the car was enough to activate the crowd of thoughts that had been sitting inside your head for what felt like months, your thumb mindlessly caressing the back of Daniel's hand.

After the family trip to Hawaii, everything had seemed to move so fast. You had been busy with work, but tried to spend as much time as possible with your boys, which then led to Daniel asking you to move in.

It had been a big step, if you had to admit it. Your life after officially living with him and Theo, though, had become the best life somebody could ask for. You didn't mind waking up in the middle of the night to Theo's crying because of a bad dream, or you didn't mind packing lunches for three one bit. Secretly, it was the life you had wished for ever since you had been Theo's age.

Daniel sniffled from your side, catching your attention and finally snapping you out of your thoughts. You looked at him, noticing his closed eyes and his joking smile.

"Dan-"

"He's just- he's growing so fast," he whispered dramatically, biting on his lip as he squeezed his left peck. "I'm really happy, you know, just kind of shocked he's leaving us already,"

"It's just kindergarten, baby," you joked with him, wiping the imaginary tears on his cheeks with your palms before pressing a soft kiss to his lips.