Caught in the Act

Beginne am Anfang

"Shut up Daniel. You're the one that asked him to help me. Speaking of which, I have to ask when I'm getting paid so I can start paying you too." Maeve pursed her lips and pointed at Michael. her raise certainly should kick in any day now as it had been two weeks since that conversation.

"No rush, Daniel takes care of me too." I smiled at that. Michael had been one of my best mates since we were young. Having him around was a god send any day of the week. Even if he caused my mind to completely break down the careful barriers that had been put up to prevent thoughts about the very woman walking with us.

"Oh I'm sure he does. It's our little secret though." She looked over at me from Michael's other side and gave me a dramatic wink, making Michael laugh.

"Shut the fuck up you desmond!" I laughed with Michael as we pulled up to two of our rooms, Maeve and I were somehow next to each other and Michael was the next room down.

"Come on kids, grab your bags. Get some rest. Daniel, I'll see you in a few hours for a workout."

I couldn't help but groan. It was a necessary part of the job, but that didn't mean I had to like it. I was tired and I needed more sleep than even the long haul flight could give me. It was an overdo I was sure but necessary if that's what my body wanted.

"Don't be a big baby Daniel." Maeve jested as she started pulling her bags from the trolley. She already looked considerably better than I did given how much we drank last night. I had surely overdone it by ordering three bottles of red from room service on top of the beers she already had in her room. Plus we skipped dinner.

She took her bags and went to her room, but Michael happily invited himself into my room.

"Come on man, I want to take another nap." I threw my bags down on the floor next to the bed, suites were not in the plan this week. Not that I really cared as long as I got to sleep.

"Seemed like you got plenty of rest cuddled up to Maeve!" He laughed and I immediately threw my hand up over his mouth.

"What are you doing!? She can hear you, these walls are fucking thin." I whispered yelled at him. There was a glint in his eyes as he clearly knew I had hit a nerve. A groan left my mouth as I stepped away from him and started unpacking my bags.

"Seriously though, Charlotte found you two cuddling on the couch in her room with pillows everywhere? She was posting videos of you two on her IG all night. She gave up celebrating to hang out with you. Come on mate, you need to just own up and tell her." I shook my head as I hung some of my clothes in the small closet.

"No, there's something going on with her and I'm not going to make it worse." My voice wasn't very loud as I spoke, my fear did lie with her hearing us. There was no denying that we had been more than chummy for the last 18 hours though. Anyone within eyesight could've seen it.

"Do you think it has something to do with Christian?" I nodded to him as I turned back to him with a solemn look across my face.

"I think that's exactly what it is..." I bit my lower lip as I sat down on the king sized bed.

"Like he threatened to send her back to the factory? or something else?" Michael's voice was low now, clearly this conversation was taking a turn that neither of us really wanted with the subject just a thin wall away.

"I don't know, Michael. She's spent a whole week avoiding me. Up until last night, I would've thought she was mad at me...." Deciding against unpacking, I moved to pull out my own laptop as I had some work to do myself for the clothing line.

"Clearly not since she seemed plenty content in your arms both last night and this morning..." I glared at him before I moved to the table in the room.