As quick as I can, I grab the dog treats, handing him two. "Okay, now where is he?" I ask Luke, this time referring to Ethan, but he chooses to ignore my question.

Rude.

"Luke?" I wave my hand over his eyes trying to get his attention. He sits on one of the bar stools still ignoring me.

"Luke, talk to me." I sit on the bar stool beside him. "Can you just listen to me while we wait?" I ask him. He sighs, turning his head so he's facing me. He gives me a slight nod so I can continue rambling.

"As I was saying... Catherine. I can't stand her. She's so annoying. She always has some guy over. I've never met him and I don't even know his name. She does not want to tell me. Today she told me she needs the dorm because he's coming over. I haven't been able to go to my dorm in a gazillion years. Some nights she doesn't even let me sleep there... I bet they're doing it." His eyes are slowly closing and he's yawning.

He places his elbow on the counter and rests his head in his hand. "Well obviously."

Just then, the apartment door opens and someone walks in drunk. It's not Ethan, but he looks similar. More people walk in and I notice Luke dropping his head. Who are these people and why are they here?

And then I noticed him. Bloody Ethan walks in. His dark brown hair slicked back and his eyes droopy. I drop my head with a sigh, "Wish me good luck." I tell Luke as I get up from the chair and I walk over to him with a smile plastered on my face. "I need to talk to you."

"Fuck no." He bites back, rolling his eyes, and walks to his friends. I scoff, sitting back down beside Luke. "As I was saying-."

"Indra!" Ethan cuts my sentence. My head snaps, facing him. "Sit here!" He points to a seat next to him on the couch. His friends begin to laugh at me as a smile comes to my face.

"And who the fuck do you think you're talking to?" My mood instantly changes and that smile I walked into this apartment with is completely gone. "You sit here," I say, pointing to where my feet are. His face drops as he looks at his friends, and a drip of sweat falls down his forehead.

When he doesn't do what I said, I turn back to Luke with my cheeks puffed up and I am ready to continue talking to him.

"Let me tell you something, Luke." I say, suddenly remembering my day, "I went to this new restaurant near my dorm and-." I am cut off by Ethan's friends laughing at me once again

"God, can you please shut up? No one wants to hear about the stupid restaurant you went to." He rolled his eyes as my lips formed a smirk.

I sighed. "Bite me!" I got up from my chair to storm at him when I felt a pair of hands grip my jacket. Luke is gripping my jacket and if he hadn't, I would have been able to take him down in a minute top.

I accept my defeat when the group continues to talk. Ethan is watching me speak to his roommate. The roommate which he weirdly despises. I completely ignore his glare as I speak to him knowing that he's probably not listening.

From the corner of my eye, I notice Ethan standing up and stumbling toward me. He comes behind me, gripping my shoulder and leaning down near my ear. "To be honest, I don't think Luke cares, so just sit here and look pretty. Keep your mouth shut, it's what you do best." My mouth drops open and my heartbeat stops. Ethan has said many things to me before. Some horrible things, but this just hits differently.

This stings, but I don't let him know. "I think you prefer my mouth open." I wink at him as a smile comes to my face. He knows what I meant when I pushed his hand away.

I'll talk loud, it's what I do.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Ethan and his friends left the apartment. I don't know where they went and when he will be back, but I was told to stay and clean up. Does this hoe think that I'll do that for him? This isn't even my apartment! It's almost one in the morning and I'm still here waiting for him to break up with him. I need him to be sober when I do it.

I am passing the living room as the TV plays some sitcom when I hear a door open and I turn around to see Luke coming out of his room.

"Are they gone?" He whispers to me. I nod and turn back to the TV. "What are you watching?" He asks but I ignore him. I feel him come closer to me.

"I watched this show!" He shouts pointing at the TV before sitting down on his couch. He sits with his legs spread as he leans against the couch. I drop down beside him with an exhausted sigh before looking at him. "What should I do?" Luke already knows what the situation is since I complain to him all the time which means he'll have the best advice.

"Break up with him." He replies in a quiet tone.

"But-"

"Indra, dude is always going to be intoxicated. Just like me and you." Luke cuts me off and I swallow a lump in my throat. "But what if he loves me?"

He scoffs loudly, grabbing the bag of unopened chips that were on the coffee table before opening it. "If he loves you, he will let you go." I scoffed at him this time.

I don't believe that. Not even the slightest bit. Whoever came up with that phrase deserves jail time because I don't love Ethan and me, and I'm willing to let him go. If I loved something, I would never let it go even if it meant dying. I would rather die than leave something or someone I loved.