******

Rithwik's room was open and he was yawning sitting on the bed. The Goa Fest had been the eye opener to him. It was one of the memorable events in his life. Not because his performance got roaring applause. No. Because there were many nice people who cared for him. And truly showed him that they always stood by him, no matter what. Taani had been the biggest example of it. He had known her only for few months but the girls had done so much for his happiness. When, he was in his deep thoughts, someone entered his room without any permission.

"Boooo…." Kriya thought she would make him horrified. But she failed feebly. Not even his hair budged at her prank. He simply looked at her. What was she doing in his room? Actually, she never came inside his room. But… She slumped on his bed, disappointed at her wrong rag. "Tum abi Tak soyi nahi ho?" He asked ignoring her frowning at him. "Nahi yaar..  neend nahi aa Raha ta… Bahar walk Kar rahi ti toh .. deka ki tum abi Tak jaag rahe ho… isiliye chali ayi…" she explained. "Mein tumhe disturb toh nahi Kar rahi hun na?" She turned to him. "Are, Pagal... Nahi… mein abi soyi nahi hu.. toh disturb kaise karegi..." He compelled her to calm down. "Great…" she sounded chivalry. "Bahut maza Aya na… Goa fest mein…" she asked him. "Haaa… wo toh hai…" he suddenly remembered her enacting Su in the drama. "Aur tumne bahut accha Kiya ta…" he complimented. She looked him with amusement flowing from her eyes. She immediately understood about his statement indicating her drama rather than her dance performance. "And thank you for doing it…" he really felt that she did justice to the part given to her. "It was all for you… and I'm glad ki tum mujhse naraz nahi ho is baat ke liye…" she expressed. He narrowed his eyes unable to understand. "I mean… meine Socha ta ki tum bahut gussa hoga... Ki mein Sukirti ka…" she stopped as his eyes blared with the same intense hard look whenever he remembered her. But eventually, the storm inside his pupils calmed and she was relieved.

Instead of answering her question, he asked her something he thought he never would. But, he really wanted to know, now. "How is it with Rey? How do you even cope watching him with Taani?" He questioned her. From the moment he got to know that Kriya and Rey were once in love but Rey had moved on while Kriya still loved him due to unpredictable circumstances, he was intrigued. But it wasn't his buisness to question either of them. Kriya was his friend. She had never shared these details until it came upfront in front of everyone. He thought he knew her well. But no. He was wrong. He know only the external Kriya which she showcased in front of people. Fortunately or unfortunately, she had the similar story though there wasn't a loss of life in it.

Kriya's stance became rigid as the question hit her on face. She prayed to her universe ji to not let people ask her this question. But now when Ritwhik asked it, she was answerable to him. Not because he was her friend or he asked. But maybe it was Universe's way of letting Rithwik know what he wanted to know. "Initially, it was hard… bahut bura laga ki Rey apne life mein move on ho Chuka hai…" She grimaced. "Kehte haina… koi cheez jab Tak apke paas hota hai… uska Kadar karna apko samaj ke Bahar hota hai… lekin wahi cheez jab dur Chala jaata hai… hum log tab hi samjte hai ki us cheeze ka value Kya hai…." She looked away. "You know… pehle humesha Rey mere peeche padte the... I ignored him most of the time… but unka ek alag hi charm hai… ki mein khud unki pyaar mein pad gayi… per shayad destiny ko humara saath rehna manzoor nahi ta…" she looked at Rithwik harshly. "I had to leave him. It was me who broke Rey. Aur jab wo aage badke apne life mein kush hai… mein kaun hoti hun… dubara unki Zindagi mein aake unke upar hak jatanewali…." Her each word was a self assurance to herself. "Aur Taani… didn't you see… wo dono ek dusre ko kitna chahte hai…" a lone tear escaped on her cheek. "Hey…" Rithwik moved suddenly. He didn't expect that she would get emotional. He just wanted to know whether she was okay. "I didn't mean to make you cry" he held her cheeks, wiping the tear drops. "Mein ro nahi rahi hun…" her lips widened though her face said something. "Mujhe in dono se koi problem nahi, Rithwik. They really look happy together... Aur Wahi baat Meri... I'm sure… Zindagi abi katam nahi honewala hai… I may get someone I deserve…" her smile was real. He smiled at her level of maturity. The way she was holding herself in this kind of situation just escalated his respect towards her even more. He embraced her, caressing her head. She leant onto him forgetting everything. There was peace in his arms. There was tranquility in sharing her broken story with him. Probably because he would be only one to understand her story better than anyone would. She snaked her arms across his back nestling more on his chest.