Appreciation for the Mundane

Start from the beginning

"We will step out for a bit. I'm sure you two have a lot to talk about," he said, standing straight again. He grabbed Aydan's arm and drug him out of the room.

Sunny blinked slowly, as if her eyelids were weighted down with lead. Taehyung ran his hand along her forehead and hair, smiling widely and crying tears of happiness.

"I thought I had lost you forever," he choked as he smiled down at her.

Sunny fully opened her eyes and looked at him. "No...not so...easy."

The meter of her voice was lethargic and labored, but she pressed on with her words.

"I was...scared...Tae."

"Me too, babe. Me too," he said, leaning down to press a kiss to her forehead. "Never scare me like that again."

Sunny smiled weakly and moved her head to lean more fully on his side. "Okay."

Taehyung was so overjoyed to hear her voice, especially when he thought he would never hear it again. "Do you want anything?"

She slowly shook her head. "Just...you."

Taehyung slid back down to her side and pulled her into his arms. "Then you shall have me."

***

Jaci awakened to the blue light of the morning peaking through the small break in the drapes. The weight across her middle gave her pause for just a moment before she realized it was Jungkook's arm. She ran her hand over the strong muscle just under the surface of his skin. The feel of it filled her with warmth and a twinge of excitement.

Her hand moved slowly up and down his arm as she grew more awake. The gentle snores from behind her told her Jungkook was still sleeping and she decided not to wake him. They had both had some rough days and needed the rest.

However, her body must have had its fill of sleep because she was growing increasingly awake with each passing moment. Not only that, but nature was calling, and she was also getting hungry.

"If you want to rub something other than my arm, I wouldn't complain," came a husky voice close to her ear.

She laughed and looked over her shoulder. The sparkling eyes of her mate were peeking out from under his thick, dark eyelashes. His lopsided smile made her heart do flip-flops in her chest.

"I'm kidding," he said, laughing a bit. "Want some breakfast?"

She smiled and nodded, turning her head back around and snuggling up closer to him. "I do, but I also am just enjoying being with you right now."

"We have a lifetime for these moments. But my stomach is already running on fumes. I need food." He rolled onto his back and stretched with a loud groan.

Jaci stretched out her limbs as well, enjoying the cracking of her bones and the tight pull of her stiff muscles. Certain places ached with soreness from yesterday's fight and she winced more than once.

"Don't worry. You're a werewolf. The aches won't last long, especially if you get a good run in," said Jungkook as he leaned over to peck her cheek.

Jaci felt her cheeks grow heated, and it was probably safe to say there was a rosy tint on them.

Jungkook rolled over and then up into a seated position on the edge of the bed. It had been a long night for him. For one, his fated mate was beside him all night and there was nothing he could do about it. Thankfully, he had stayed on top of the blankets or things might have been worse for him. But for now, he needed a run, a shower, and some food. Maybe not in that exact order.