jon snow

A/N: happy holidays everyone! Christmas was not a thing in the GOT universe but we can just use our imaginations and pretend it was a thing cause this one is cute :)

You wake up in the morning, giddy like a child. It's Christmas morning and you can barely contain your excitement. You cuddle into Jon's warmth, the air being bitterly cold due to the snow falling outside. He squeezes you tightly, burying his face into your neck.

"Merry Christmas," You whisper, running your fingers through his curls. 

"Merry Christmas," He responds, his voice husky. 

"I got a present for you. And I'm going to make breakfast," You say, trying your hardest to contain your excitement. 

"That sounds amazing, but I'm very warm and comfortable currently," He says, pulling the furs up further over the two of you.

"You don't want to open your present?" You ask. 

"Of course I do, but I just want to lay here for a while with you. It's cold and you're not," He says, pulling you closer to him. 

"Okay," You smile.

You end up falling asleep again, despite your enthusiasm and you needed it considering you were up all night finishing Jon's gift. When you wake up once more, you force Jon to wake up and you run to where you've been hiding his gift. You had wrapped it up in a piece of paper with a string tied around it after you finished it last night. You also wrote his name on the package nicely to dress it up a bit more. 

"Okay, here," You say, handing it to him then getting back into bed. 

You look at him expectantly as he opens it and try to gauge his face for a reaction. As he pulls it out, you see wonder and amazement flood his face and it warms your heart. 

"It's--It's beautiful," He says. 

You had made him a cloak from scratch. It's black and has thick fur on the top, along with two medallions with the Stark family symbol of the Dire Wolf holding the two sides of the cloak together. He runs his hands over it and traces the Dire Wolf medallions with his fingers. He doesn't say anything, but continues to admire your work.

"Sansa helped me a bit. But I saw that your other one was getting a bit worn and thought you'd like it," You say sheepishly. 

"I love it," He says. 

He takes your face in his hands and kisses you deeply. 

"Thank you," He says.

After procrastinating getting out of bed, the two of you go to the kitchen to make a quick breakfast and eat together. 

"I have something for you as well," He says. 

"You do?" You ask. 

You were not expecting anything from him, as you had talked about not getting each other anything and you surprised him with his gift.

"I do. I'll be right back," He says. 

You wait patiently, excitement bubbling up in your belly. You have no idea what it could be but you're excited to find out. Jon has always been a good gift giver, all of his gifts being thoughtful and personal to the person he was giving it to. 

"Close your eyes," You hear him say from the hallway. 

"Jon just--" You say but he interrupts you. 

"Close your eyes!" He chuckles. 

"Fine. They're closed," You giggle. 

You hear him walk into the great room and stand in front of you. 

"Ready?" He asks. 

"Yes," You smile. 

"Okay, open," He says. 

You open your eyes and they widen when you see Jon kneeling in front of you with a ring in between his fingers. 

"Oh Jon," You say, your hands going to your mouth. 

"I've spoken to your father and asked for your hand in marriage. He agreed. Now it's just up to you," He says. 

You're speechless. Tears stream down your face as you nod your head furiously, flinging your arms around Jon and hugging him tightly. He slips the ring onto your finger and you hold your hand out in front of you. It's a thin gold band that has been engraved with flowers and vines, a perfect fit. 

"Jon it's beautiful. Just gorgeous," You say. 

"Sansa also helped me with this one. She's quite helpful," He laughs. 

"I love you," You say. 

"I love you too," He says, kissing you softly. 

Best Christmas ever.