robb stark (2)

The great hall is quiet, the only sound coming from the crackling fire in the fireplace, making the room cozy. You're intently focused on your sewing work as it needs practice. You don't even hear Robb enter the room until he speaks. 

"Hello," Robb says, startling you. 

"Oh. Hello," You say. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I just wanted to talk," He says. 

"Of course," You say. 

He takes a seat next to you and an awkward silence hangs in the air. Robb clears his throat. 

"What do you think of Winterfell?" He says. 

"It's quite cold compared to Highgarden. I think I'm getting used to it though," You say. 

"That's good. It is quite nice, but I did grow up here," He chuckles. 

You giggle, your cheeks turning red. Every time you talk to Robb, you blush like a little girl. 

"I can't imagine that this is easy. Leaving your home, marrying a man that you don't even know. I can tell that you're nervous most of the time," He says. 

You stay quiet for a moment, not really knowing what to say. 

"You're right. It has been hard, but I happen to think that the man I'm going to marry is a very kind one. It makes things a bit easier," You say, glancing up at him through your eyelashes. 

Now he's blushing, making you smile to yourself. 

"I came because I want to get to know you more. We are getting married in a couple of weeks," He says. 

"You're right," You say. 

"Well," He says.

You can tell he's thinking of something to ask you.

"What's you're favorite thing about Highgarden?" He asks. 

You smile fondly, thinking of all the things you could say. 

"Well I really love the gardens there. My mother taught me how to tend to them and it became one of my favorite things. I did it to relax. I'll definitely miss it," You say. 

"Winterfell is not quite the gardening climate, but I'm sure we could figure something out," He says. 

"I would like that," You smile. 

The two of you go back and forth for hours, asking each other questions and learning more and more about each other. You laugh until your stomach's hurt and you talk about some more personal things too. It helps ease your anxieties about marrying him and you're starting to become excited about it. 

"I am having a really good time and I love getting to know about you, but it is really late and I should let you get to bed. Goodnight," Robb says, standing up. 

"Robb?" You say, making him turn around to face you again. 

"Yes?" He asks. 

"Thank you for this," You say. 

"My pleasure. I think we both needed it," He says. 

"Yeah, we did. Goodnight Robb," You say. 

"Goodnight," He says and leaves you with your thoughts. 

You feel giddy and flustered. The fact that Robb wanted to get to know more about you makes you feel valued. You thought you were just going to be the wife of a Lord, you don't speak unless spoken to and you're a vessel to produce his heirs, but after tonight, you think it's going to be very different.