playing with fire

now playing:
PLAYING WITH FIRE
-
BLACKPINK

i told her,
"don't fall for me, i'll only break your heart"

it's funny really, she looked at me with those innocent naively stupid eyes, like i was a saviour of some sort, but in reality i was the complete opposite.

she replied, with no hesitation,
"then do it,
break me heart,
break it a million times,
just let me be by your side"

how stupid of her. at that moment, she was every bit of weird to me. why would you want to love someone if it means them breaking your heart?

i accepted her proposal, and i fucked her up a million times like she said. i was never proud of it, but it's just my curse i guess.

as time went by, she bewitched me.

everything about her was something i worshiped, the way her smiles lit my heart on fire yet melted it down. the way her soft touches make me fall under her spell. and the way her voice lulls me to a feeling of eternal relief, like everything is ok with her. the shelter she built around me, it felt like home.

but with every miracle, there's a price to pay.

she was leaving me too soon, only when i finally got to know her.

ironic how i thought she'd be the one playing with fire when she first asked to be my girlfriend, when in reality i was the one who'd get burnt once everything's over.

but if it means keeping our love an eternal flame, i'm willing to burn down to ashes with her.