A Story Never Told (Winter Special)

Yes, y'all. There's a special! I sincerely apologize for when I said that I was going to do specials and I didn't, or there wasn't that much of it. But hopefully, this'll make up for it! Happy reading! (This is the second to last one-shot before the final one.) And I really wanna watch Extraordinary You, but Viki is evil. >:( And, this is a snow-globe AU.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶

Traveling to the World of Winter was one of Kara's favorite things to do. She loved going there in her carriage, because that's where her friends lived. But after she met someone in particular, she learned that the things you see aren't everything. Like when she was in the World of Fall for the first time, Rudy had found a squirrel and tried to eat it, and she asked Aiden to document it. But he didn't, and told her that not everything needs to be documented.

She never returned to the World of Fall, until she became friends with Aru. And she later on found out that Rudy was the one trying to eat the squirrel, and Aiden was the guy she talked to that day.

Sometimes, she wondered why Aiden immediately welcomed her when she first joined their posse, or why Aiden was the first one to comfort her during hard times. Eventually, after a little while, she couldn't believe herself, but she had fallen for him. He was her first love.

"Lady Kara, we are here." Her coachman, Sky announced.

A big smile spread across Kara's face as she got down from the carriage, and breathed in the sharp Winter air. "Thank you, Sky!" she called.

He nodded and she ran off into the distance, hoping to find her friends. Yes, she was freezing, but she didn't care. Her only motivation was to find her friends, and give them all a huge group hug.

"Kara!" Aru yelled, waving her expanded hands. 

"Aru!" Kara exclaimed, running faster.

When the silhouette started to get closer, she picked up her speed more, but she tripped over her own feet and fell face first into the snow.

"Oh gods! Are you okay?" Aru questioned.

Kara then felt someone pull her up by her arm, and she wiped her face, which was freezing.

"Yes, I'm fine now." Kara answered, grinning.

"I'm still gonna take you inside, because if I don't, Mini's gonna give me another lecture about the dangers of snow."

Kara laughed as she and her best friend walked in the snow. It filled the trees and made them look majestic, with occasional icicles hanging off of them. Huge weeping willow trees loomed over the two as they crossed the bridge, and they blew gracefully in the wind. Birds sang in choirs in the trees, and Kara hummed along with them a beautiful melody.

"The birds sound beautiful." Kara stated.

"They do." Aru agreed.

Kara and Aru then exchanged a glance. "They also look beautiful, just like you."

"Awww! Aru, you're exquisite as well."

"But not as beautiful as you."

Kara smiled. "See? You're even more pretty when you smile." she said, blushing.

"You're pretty all the time."

"Are you two going to keep complimenting each other or are we going to go ice skating?" Brynne demanded.

Aru and Kara turned their attention to Brynne, and they unlinked arms.

"I missed you too, Brynne. Kara said, walking up to hug her.