Dazed and Confused

Start from the beginning

Impeccable job Cheryl. You really won her over with that classique Blossom family charm.

Fumbling for her purse, she took out a pack of cigarettes Jason had bought her for their eighteenth birthday. Cheryl by no means was a smoker, but desperate times called for desperate measures and she needed something to calm her down.

She placed the cigarette between her lips, and before she could grab her lighter, a hand reached out and lit it for her.

Cheryl sputtered for a second before taking the cigarette out of her mouth and slowly looked up. Toni stood above her, smirking slightly, and snapped the lighter shut.

"You're new here."

Cheryl paused for a moment before looking down.

"I suppose I...." she took a breath. "Thanks for the drink. It's my favorite," she smiled up at Toni. And she wasn't lying.

Toni chuckled. "I thought so."

She grabbed a chair from the table next to them and sat down next to Cheryl. "Mind if I join you?" 

Cheryl inhaled and she adjusted her position, before smiling and nodding.

"What's your name?" Toni smiled at Cheryl. Cheryl couldn't help but notice how pretty her lips were. Especially when she did that.

"Cheryl Blossom. And I'm assuming you're Toni, unless the bartender is playing some cruel joke on me."

Toni laughed, her nose crinkling lightly. "No, she was right. I could be fucking with you too though, you never know."

Cheryl tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear and rolled her eyes. "Please. I am nothing if not an expert caller-out of bullshit."

Toni looked down at Cheryl's lips for a moment before meeting her gaze again. "I have to say, I'm shocked to hear you swear. Mostly cuz of the turtleneck," she smirked again, nodding at her shirt.

Cheryl scoffed at this and took a drag of her cigarette. "I'll have you know this is Valentino."

"Ah. She's rich too."

"Hardly. It was one of the only things my mother didn't take before she left me and my grandmother."

Toni's eyes softened at this. She paused for a moment and tilted her head at Cheryl before taking the cigarette from Cheryl's hand and taking a drag. 

"Yeah, I've been there. My parents lost custody of me when I was 8, and I was raised by my uncle. Until he died last month. Right after I turned 18, actually. I inherited his apartment, of all things. I'm still somewhat of a pariah, though," Toni gestured to the back of her leather jacket, no doubt at the large Serpent emblem stitched there. "I found a new family though, thankfully. I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm telling you all of this." 

Cheryl smiled encouragingly, hoping she would continue.

"I'm assuming you're not from the south side. I would have noticed you," Toni went back to smirking.

Cheryl's fingertips ran along the rim of her drink before she gripped it, taking a sip. "I'm not, no. The north side really isn't much better. So much twisted shit happens, it's just all behind closed doors."

Toni frowned at this statement. "Like what?"

"It's a lot to explain. Too much for here," Cheryl paused and looked Toni up and down. "My apologies, but I just have a hard time picturing you in any sort of....physical altercation. Isn't that what gangs do?"

Toni let a small laugh escape from her lips before putting her arms on the table, leaning close to Cheryl. "You don't wanna know what we do."

Cheryl raised her eyebrows at this. "I'm not sure. I should have about three inches on you. I could take you."