Rain

„Toni!" Cheryl shouted from between the hallways.

Toni didn't stop, she kept rushing for the big entrance door. She expected for Cheryl's butler to open the door for her, but he didn't. He must have heard his boss calling after her, Toni thought. "Ms. Topaz, Ms Blossom would like to-" she heard him saying but Toni didn't care anymore; she pushed the big entrance door open by herself and instantly saw the heavy raining. She did expect a rainy weather today, but not a downpour. She cursed herself for taking her motorcycle for her way to Thornhill and felt a lot of regrets at the same time. First, her brilliant idea to come and see Cheryl thinking there is still something between them, second, spending 7 years thinking 24/7 about Cheryl and third, her fabulous idea for taking the motorcycle without checking the damn weather app. She was furious. She walked to her motor vehicle and just before she took the helmet from the sit, Cheryl was at the doorway. "Toni please, don't go, listen to me". Toni stayed silent, already drenched from the rain. She did not want to look at Cheryl. She feared that if she does, she will have a breakdown and that is something she definitely didn't want to happen. Not in front of Cheryl while she had another woman in her house.

Cheryl looked at Toni unclasping the belt of her Helmet while not paying any attention to what she said. She started walking towards her, leaving the doorway and its shelter from the rain. When she stepped into the rain, not giving any mind of her thousands of dollars outfit, a bigger wave of worry crashed her now that she witnessed how heavy the rain was. "There is no way I am letting her leave in this rain, not with or without a baby in her belly", she thought. She was now only a few steps away from Toni noticing that she was struggling with the claps of her Helmet. "Toni, you can't ride in this weather, please, come inside and let me explain. Its not what you think it is" and before Cheryl wanted to say more, Toni snapped "It's not what I think it is? And what is it? The curse? This is what you wanted, wasn't it? To leave your past behind and with it your high school ex too. You didn't know how to tell me to move on from you and you invented this whole curse shit story to justify yourself keeping me out of your life. And it works. I am getting out of your life as soon as possible, Cheryl, don't worry." Toni finally managed to unclasp the belt as she finished talking, still not looking at Cheryl. "The kiss was unexpected, she kissed me, I didn't kiss her back. It meant nothing to me." Cheryl managed to say. "The curse-" Cheryl sniffed "It's not made up." Her voice getting deeper. She felt like she was losing her voice. The emotions were too much, but she needed Toni to know the truth. "I have been-." Her voice started breaking. "Devasted for the past 7 years. Everything I tried to do for this town, burned down." she swallowed "I want to protect you" she whispered. She wanted to say more but her voice gave up on her. She felt like she couldn't breathe.

Toni turned around and looked at Cheryl's swollen eyes and her heart fell. "Cheryl, you are already hurting me." She saw how Cheryl's expression changed to confussion. "Every second I am not with you is hurting me. I have been hurting for seven years" Toni signed. She raised her helmet to finally wear it until Cheryl rapidly took it and threw it above the motorcycle on the grass. Toni frowned and her eyes followed the helmet. "Cher-" was the last thing Toni managed to say before Cheryl turned her head and sealed their lips. It reminded them both of their first kiss at the sisters of quiet mercy. Same taste. Same desperation. "I am sorry, please forgive me" Cheryl whispered just above Toni's lips. Toni responded with a kiss, but Cheryl pulled back seconds in. "I never stopped loving you, Toni" she whispered on Toni's lips while staring at her eyes. One hand was on Toni's little back now and the other was rubbing circles on the side of her baby bump. Toni felt calm and was about to seal their lips again, but it looked like Cheryl wanted to say one more thing. "I love you" and with that Cheryl leaned in again to kiss her. They kissed passionately until they got interrupted by someone shutting a car's door. Both didn't dare to move from their position and followed the sound with their heads. They saw Minerva getting out of the parking lot and driving past them, but before she accelerated, she rolled down her window. "Ms. Blossom, my apologises. I didn't realise there was someone else in your life. It was my pleasure doing business with you, but that would be our last negotiation." She was about to roll up her window until she rolled it back down and stared at them, still hugging each other, "One little advice, you will get sick if keep staying soaked outside. Have a good day" and with that she left. Neither of the girls commented on it. Toni sealed their lips again, feeling a drop of jealousy rising inside her. Cheryl opened her mouth more letting her lover's tongue explore the inside of her mouth and pulled back when she felt Toni trembling. She didn't want to stop kissing her. She missed her so much, but as she was rubbing her baby bump, she felt a wave of responsibility. She couldn't stop smiling regardless. "In my" peck "hot" peck "jacuzzi" peck "immediately" and took Toni's hand to lead her inside.