Bartender

It had been a long and pretty terrible week. Between her growing pile of deadlines bearing down on her faster every day and her friends nagging her about not spending time with them she was rapidly losing control.

That's why she finds herself half running towards the bar Sweet Pea suggested on a Friday night she really should be using to study. She glances down at her phone, seeing she's running late and speeds up, barely managing to keep herself from tripping in her heels.

"Shit, shit, shit," she exclaims as she nearly loses her footing, her heel catching in a crack in the pavement.

She regains her balance and checks her phone again for the time. The screen lights up with messages from her friends asking where she is and demanding she arrives soon. She rolls her eyes at their nagging putting her phone back in her bag and continuing on.

She steps into the bar, searching for her friends and sees her. Possibly the most breathtakingly beautiful girl she's ever seen.

The first thing she notices is flowing red hair, framing a perfect face. Then Toni's eyes drift down over a body that's just as perfect as her face. Toni is sure she's never seen anyone this beautiful in her life. She stands there frozen in place staring at her until she is broken out of her, admittedly rather inappropriate, thoughts about a certain redhead by a loud voice and a hand on her shoulder.

"Toni, you made it! We were beginning to think you hated us," Sweet Pea greets her, pointing towards the table Fangs is sitting at. "Come on, I'll go get you a drink."

"No!" She clears her throat, hoping to cover her outburst. "I mean, it's cool I'll get it."

If he thinks she's acting odd he doesn't show it, simply shrugging it off and saying he'll meet her at the table.

Toni walks over the bar leaning up against it and waiting, hoping to get the attention of the gorgeous girl behind it.

"Can I help you?" Toni startles, being caught staring yet again, and looks up only to be met with the face of her new found obsession. She opens her mouth, intending on replying but no words come out.

"Uh..."

"Would you like a drink?" the redhead asks with a smile.

"Beer!" Toni says, too loudly and a little aggressively. "Um.. Beer, please," she says more quietly, attempting to smile, it coming off more as a grimace.

The bartender walks away to get her beer and Toni curses herself under her breath. She turns to look at Sweet Pea, who appears to have witnessed her embarrassment, as he is laughing with Fangs and pointing towards her.

And seriously, had it really been so long since she'd been out that she can't even string a sentence together at the sight of a beautiful woman. The beautiful redhead places her beer in front of her, Toni just about managing to hand over her money before she mumbles out a thank you and sickly walks away.

She walks to the table Sweet Pea has saved, already dreading the jokes to come.

"What was that, Toni?" Sweet Pea asks through a laugh. "I haven't seen you that flustered since, like, the tenth grade."

"Shut up, Sweets," Toni grumbles. She groans at her own incompetence, her head falling to the table in front of her.

"Aw, Tiny. No need to be grumpy just cus you can't speak to the pretty girl," Fangs says, laughing along with Sweet Pea.

She lifts her head, crossing her arms and glaring at them both. "I'm not grumpy, asshole. And she's not just pretty she's fucking phenomenal, I seriously think she is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and now she probably thinks I'm a fucking idiot cus I can't fucking talk in front of he-"

"I don't think you're an idiot," a voice interrupts from behind Toni. "I actually think you're kind of cute, in a 'I totally caught you checking me out and found your stuttering surprisingly endearing' kind of way." The bartender winks, smirking at Toni, who is staring up at her once again struggling to find words. "I'm Cheryl, by the way." She holds her hand out to Toni, "Pleasure to meet you, officially."

Toni somehow manages to make herself shake the girls hand, and is rewarded by touching the softest skin she's ever felt. "Uhhh... Hi," she manages to get out still struggling to speak in front of Cheryl.

She can hear Fangs and Sweet Pea struggling to contain their laughter. "Are you gonna tell her your name Tiny or just sit there gaping," Sweet Pea says letting out a loud laugh.

Toni turns to him hitting him hard in the arm. "Shut up, Pea!" She turns back to Cheryl to see her smiling, clearly struggling not to laugh.

"Just ask her out already, you've been checking her out all night," Fangs slurs, feeling the effects of drinking for a few hours.

"Dude, what the fuck?" Toni says as she stands, "Sweets, maybe it's time he went home? How much did you drink before I got here, jeez."

Sweet Pea looks at her sheepishly, pulling Fangs up with him, "We only had like few shots to get us going, no big deal."

"Toni, thinks she's pretty," Fangs says loudly, while attempting to whisper to Sweet Pea.

"Okay, big guy, let's get you home," Sweet Pea tells him with a smile. "Preferably before Tiny decks you." He laughs at Fangs' pout, leading him towards the door. "We'll meet you by the car Toni."

Toni watches them go for a second. "Well, they are certainly entertaining," she hears from behind her. She turns to see Cheryl still standing by their table, smirk back in place.

"I am so sorry about them. He shouldn't have said that," Toni says quickly. Cheryl raises a brow looking at her questioningly. "Not that you aren't pretty... I mean beautiful, cus you are of course but like he shouldn't be saying shit like that when I haven't even had the chance to properly talk to you and-"

She is cut off by a hand over her mouth and a light, melodious laugh. "As cute as your rambling is, I'm going to need you to stop. Please." She slowly lowers her hand, bringing it back to her side and reaching for something in her back pocket.

"So, uh, do you kinda wanna go out with me sometime...?" Toni asks, stumbling over her words.

"Yes," Cheryl says pulling a piece of paper from her pocket.

"...Obviously you don't like have to or anything... I..."

"Toni..."

"...know you probably get asked a lot in your job and..."

"I said yes..."

"... I know I made a total fool out of myself..."

"Toni!" Cheryl interrupts, "I said yes, I'd love to go out with you."

"Wait, really? You wanna go out with me?" Toni asks, a little in shock that this gorgeous girl just agreed to go on a date with her.

"Yes, of course. I actually came over to give you this." She says handing Toni the paper in her hand, a number scribbled across it. "Call me and we can arrange something." Then she winks and walks away back to the bar leaving Toni stock still and utterly mesmerised.

"Yeah... I'll call you," she says to no one, smiling to herself. She walks out of the bar, glad she finally decided to come out.