That damn cat

Cheryl Blossom is not weak. She isn't. She doesn't cave when people plead, and she barely bats an eye at a pitiful pout. Or at least she didn't. And then Toni Topaz comes crashing into her world with wide, understanding brown eyes and a supportive touch...well, Cheryl can't confidentiality say that she isn't weak for everyone anymore. No, she has one special exception. One exception that is currently kneeling on their shared bed in nothing but red lace boy shorts and oversized t-shirt, and wearing a pout that makes Cheryl's knees quake.

"We're taking him to the shelter tomorrow."

Toni huffs, "Cheryl. Please. He needs me."

"He does not need you." Cheryl scoffs as she turns her attention to her closet. "I refuse to allow some furball to run around our house."

"Mm, I love it when you call it our house." Toni purrs, and Cheryl tenses at her low tone. "Think about how domesticated we'd be if we got a pet, it's a step in the right direction."

"No."

"Cheryl. Baby. Beautiful. Bombshell." Toni whines and Cheryl fails to hide a smile. "Please? Please! I promise I'll take care of him all by myself, you won't even know he's here."

Cheryl spins on her heels with a glare, "Promise?"

"Promise!" Toni exclaims as she bobs her head eagerly and bounces on her knees. "Does this mean I can keep him?"

"So long as he stays far away from me, I see no reason as to why he can't stay." Cheryl sighs with a wave of dismissal. "You better hold up on your end, TT. I expect you to..."

"You are the best girlfriend ever."

Cheryl heaves a long breath as Toni turns her attention back to the ball of orange fur in her lap. As she watches Toni coo at the tiny kitten, Cheryl reluctantly has to admit to herself that she really is weak when it comes to Toni.

-

Toni names him Blossom.

Cheryl protests the name for all of five minutes before she shuts up and just let's Toni have her moment. Her girlfriend is already so in love with the small tabby kitten they found outside of Thistlehouse. Cheryl bites her lower lip as she wanders into the living room and pauses to stare at Toni who is laying on her back with Blossom held over her head. She knows Toni is going to kill her for it, but she can't help but record a small moment and send it out in their friends group chat; Sweet Pea immediately responds, and she shakes her head as she reads his reply.

"Didn't you ever want a pet?"

Cheryl looks up with a frown, "No. Although my parents did give JJ and I a cat for Christmas, but we gave him to another family."

"Huh. Weird. I bet your mom didn't really think all of that through." Toni smirks as she sits up and nuzzles her face into Blossom's fur. "Y'know, since lesbians and bisexuals just love pu..."

"Do not finish that joke, Toni Topaz." Cheryl scolds, and Toni simply huffs. "Babe, if you're going to keep him then you should probably get some stuff for him Petsmart."

"Yeah. You're right." Toni hums as she stands with Blossom cradled gently in her hand. "Do you wanna take your car?"

Toni is so bestowed by the little thing that Cheryl doesn't have the heart to tell her about her cat allergy.

-

"Toni, stop!"

"But you're so perfect!"

Cheryl can't help but giggle as she runs through the hallways of the empty house with Toni a few feet behind. As she swings herself around the banister and down the stairs, she is knocked breathless but how light she feels. By how happy she is. And it's all because Toni is currently chasing her through the house with her camera poised and ready to take pictures. With a squeal, Cheryl hears the shutter of a photo being snapped right as she slides into the kitchen and ducks behind the counter. Her safety base lasts for a mere second before Toni scrambles onto the granite so she can lean over the edge to quickly capture Cheryl's flushed cheeks and wide, breathless grin.