Chapter 7: Ego

Despite his solo performance ruined by his brother's carelessness, Leonardo Hamato tried his best to remain optimistic. After his argument with Raphael, Splinter sent Leo off to his dressing room to calm himself. As he stayed in his private chambers, the club went into the process of closing early - a shame in Leo eyes for he pitied the unlucky people who weren't blessed to hear him sing tonight. However, he knows his father is doing what is best for the family business. Plus, his brother, Raphael, will finally get his long awaited punishment.

"He's been having it easy for waaaay too long," Leo says to himself as he relaxes in his blue velvet chaise lounge, "Father is probably scolding him right now. He's gotta be at his last straw with him. Maybe he'll cut him off or something worse," he snickers. "It's what he deserves..."

Yet despite the situation being handled, Leo couldn't help but still remain unsatisfied. He was unable to express his musical talents tonight. Hear his adoring fans cheer his name as they begged him for an encore, a sound he loves hearing every night. It disappointed Leo greatly, but he knew how to keep his mind off of it and cheer himself up.

"Reading about me!!" Leo proudly says as he pulls out the newspaper, "Now, let's see..." He starts flipping through the pages as he sits up, "Usagi's dumb review about me. Ignore! Burlesque club? More like a brothel! Comedy club? A dime a dozen! The women's rights movement? Hmm, maybe later," He continues flipping through the pages of the newspaper, going faster with every turn, desperately trying to find any mention of him, but nothing.

"Ugh! There's really nothing about me in here?! Has the world gone mad?!" He then flips to the last page. There he sees a small ad in the corner of the paper on the back, almost easy to miss, but it caught Leo's eye. He squints, trying to make out what the ad had to say.

"The Witch's Brew" the ad reads, "Run by shop owner Shinigami, this talented woman can offer you mystical guidance and wisdom with her tarot cards and palm reading skills!"

"HA! I always knew she was a witch!" Leo laughs confidently, "So that's where you ran off to. Pathetic..." he tosses the newspaper to the ground, falling back down to recline on his lounge sofa. No reviews of him to admire, and since the club closed early, no more performances for him tonight. Leo takes a deep breath and exhales, "They must have everyone out by now..." Leo thought as he sat up once again, "Might as well talk to Leatherhead and prepare for tomorrow's show."

Leo leaves his dressing room and exits from backstage to the main room, now vacant, but still damaged from the chaos that happened a few hours prior. A few of the band members were already cleaning up and repairing the mess, while he noticed Casey cleaning at the bar with the new girl, April. There was Renet waiting for Michelangelo with a bouquet of flowers, like she does every night Mikey performs.

"Typical..." Leo chuckles. He then spots Leatherhead in the main room helping clean up the mess, and quickly rushes up to him.

"Leatherhead! There you are! I need to speak with you."

"Oh!" Leatherhead was surprised by the young turtle's sudden appearance. "What do you need, Mr Hamato?"

"I wish to discuss with you my opening act tomorrow night."

"Y-Your opening act?" Leatherhead repeats, rather concerned.

"Yes. Are you deaf?" Leo huffs before he continues, "So I think I'll be singing my most popular song, Feeling Good, for my opening, then later I'll do-"

"Uh, Leonardo, didn't your father tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"Well, umm...," the giant alligator began fidgeting with his hands, nervous to tell the young turtle the news, "Y-Your opening act will be postponed, uh, to make room for Raphael's solo tomorrow night."