Chapter 14: Date Night

When The Dojo was under the procedure of an early closing, Michelangelo saw this as a perfect opportunity to assort his girlfriend, famous actress Renet Tilley, out for a date night. The couple left shortly after their new friend April was sent to Mr Hamato's office. Though the couple worried about the outcome for Ms O'Neil's future at The Dojo, they both tried to remain optimistic that she would just "give a stern talk, a warning, then things will go back to like nothing happened" as Renet advised April earlier that night.

With a cheer of his famous catchphrase, "Booyakasha!" Mikey and Renet happily skipped out of The Dojo and into the streets of New York City. Outside The Dojo, the couple were instantly surrounded by fans and reporters alike, many asking questions while others asked for autographs from their favorite celebrity power couple.

After a few autographs signed and pictures taken for the press, the young couple squeezed past the adoring crowd and were escorted safely into Renet's limousine, an elegant black vehicle with clean white tires, with a spare on the side near the driver's seat. Once in the car, Mikey gives Renet's driver the request of the location he desires to go for their date.

Renet wasn't at all surprised by the location of where Mikey wanted to have dinner. It's his favorite restaurant and one of the best in the whole city. Murakami's, run by the owner who shares the name of his establishment and long time friend of the Hamato family, Mr Murakami.

"Sometimes I think you love that restaurant more than me," Renet jokes as her driver begins taking them to their destination.

"Nonsense! There's nothing in this world that I love more than you. But know that Murakami's food was my first love, so you have some competition, darling," Mikey smiles, as Renet giggles from his tease.

"You always manage to get a chuckle out of me. I'm surprised you never took up comedy as your talent instead of singing."

"You know, I would like to someday. I think I got what it takes," Mikey says happily, "Speaking of which, I've heard there's a new comedy club down the road. Maybe we could go check it out one night?"

Renet smiles, "Sounds like fun!"

It wasn't long before the couple reached their destination. Renet's driver parked in front of the restaurant's building, and exited the car to open the car door for Mikey and Renet. The couple leave the vehicle and enter the restaurant where they were imminently greeted by the host who quickly escorted them to their table. Great luck for them since it was a busy night at Murakami's, but thanks to Mikey being good friends with the owner, they always have a table reserved for him and anyone he brings.

Like the gentleman his mother raised him to be, Mikey helps Renet take off her glamorous white fur coat then pulls out a chair for her to sit down in. Once settled he pushed her chair closer to the table, then joined Renet sitting in the chair across the small table from her.

Soon a waiter came by, giving the couple menus as well as fresh glasses and a pitcher of water. Once the glasses were full, the couple were left to look over their options on the menu and chat.

"So, do you plan on throwing your birthday party here?" Renet asked as she sipped her drink, "I heard your father wants to throw a grand party for you, just like he did when your siblings also turned 21, and you get to pick the location."

Michelangelo is the youngest of the four Hamato brothers, with him turning 21 by the end of next month. His brothers Raphael and Donatello are 22, with Raph being older by a few months. Then there's Leonardo who is the oldest son at age 23 while his sister, Karai, is the overall oldest Hamato sibling being at the age of 24.

Mikey smiles with excitement, "Yeah, I think I will have my birthday party here!" He begins looking around the restaurant, admiring the atmosphere and decor. A beautiful black and white checkered floor with dark wooden trim on the walls. The crystal chandeliers complimented the room with his glamorous shine. Each table was draped in clean white cloths and warm lit candles on each one, "I think this is the perfect place for the occasion."