When I reached the Alphas with Arch, Rai, and Pierce, they nodded at me, and I returned the gesture. They were in their finest clothes, their Betas and Lunas by their sides. I felt so insignificant next to them... But this was absolutely not the time to feel discouraged. I turned around to face the crowd below us, and my pack, who stood on the staircase. Aurora, Oliver, Jaden, and Tilly stood closest to me on the stairs.

I had no reason to run.

And then we all heard the sound of a big door being opened close by. I turned to look below us and saw Rayleigh climbing up the stairs leading down to the dungeon door at the base of the Hall. He was followed by four guards, and my father in the middle of them. Ryder and Ezra came out last, keeping an eye on my father.

They stopped at the bottom of the stairs, and Rayleigh with his Betas climbed up to the rest of us.

"So the bastard is alive," Dad said and spat on the ground.

Oh, how I hated him, but I knew not to give in to that hate. I was better than that.

I made my way back down, but stopped in the middle of the staircase, in the middle of my angry pack. They, too, hated him just as fiercely as I did, but none of them moved a muscle as they glared down at the person who allowed us all to be possessed and used as weapons.

"I may have been too naive. I was hoping you've had plenty of time to think about your actions and would feel at least some kind of regret over what you did to us, to your own pack," I spoke.

Dad just snorted. "What do I care? They are all weak. They failed me when the rogues attacked and let them slaughter their Luna. My Misty! Anthony was the only one who could help us become strong again! And they failed him, too! Useless cowards! All of them! I'm ashamed to have a pack like this! And you! You are the weakest of them all!"

I stayed silent after he was done yelling. He had spit all over his gray face, and he tried to yank the chains away from the guards who didn't budge by his weak attempts. Everyone else stayed completely silent as they watched me and him.

"They're not yours anymore," I said calmly, taking a few steps toward him again. "I'm hereby taking your title as the Alpha of the Black Thorn."

Dad laughed shortly, then turned angry again. "I'm still alive! You can't take the title from me! That is my pack!!"

"Blue Moon recognizes Jack Thorn as the Alpha of the Black Thorn," Rayleigh said loud and clear.

"Midnight Grove recognizes Jack Thorn as the Alpha of the Black Thorn."

"Hollow Oak recognizes Jack Thorn as the Alpha of the Black Thorn."

"See, father? The three largest packs in this area recognized me. Black Thorn is mine now," I said. "And I hereby disband the pack of Black Thorn."

I could feel everyone's shocked eyes on me. Dad was absolutely going nuts at that point. He screamed profanities at me, telling me I had no power to disband his pack. I let him yell for as long as his breath allowed, then walked down the stairs and stopped in front of him.

"How dare you destroy my pack!!" he screeched.

"Black Thorn was a mighty pack," I spoke loudly. "Proud and strong. I remember the fierce fighters and kind hearts our pack was known for. The rogues ruined it when they attacked us, slaughtered our loved ones, and left the rest of us to die."

Dad yelled for a bit, and I waited until he calmed down. The guards forced him to his knees, and he still looked at me like he wished nothing more than my death.

"But it was you who destroyed our pack," I said. "Black Thorn is gone because of you."

I turned my back on him and faced the people on the stairs. My people. At least I hoped so.

"It is time for us to move on. What he created and destroyed is no longer part of us. We are not Black Thorn. We are not related to that man who used us as weapons. Who neglected us and treated us as something he can dispose of as he pleases. We do not carry his name any longer. I will not carry his name any longer," I spoke, and my pack agreed loudly.

"Tell us, Alpha Jack," Rayleigh spoke, and silence fell again. "What is the name of your pack?"

'Do you like the name, Fenrir?' I asked.

'I love it,' my god spoke with pride.

"Valhalla Mist."

Rayleigh nodded with a smile and turned to speak to all of us. "Blue Moon recognizes Valhalla Mist, and Jack of Valhalla, the Son of Fenrir, as their Alpha. We welcome you to the Alliance."

As the other two alphas gave me their recognition, and my pack cheered and celebrated our new beginning, I turned to look at my father.

"I am no longer your son. Your legacy is gone," I said quietly, turned my back on him, and joined my pack, my Valhalla Mist, with my real family and friends.