34

Vinnie's pov

"Bye gorgeous," I kiss her forehead then step away so she could walk inside, "bye Vin," Maddy waved and closed the door.

I walk back down the stepping stones towards my car but I see a man walking towards me— well, towards the house, really.

I give him a quick smile but he doesn't return it. Instead, he had his eyes fixed on the front door.

I slow down my walk and turn around a bit as I watch him but I shrug it off and reach my car.

"Hey, kid!" I turn and see that the guy was now looking at me.

"Yeah?" I call back as I fiddle with my keys.

"Nice ride,".

I give him a tight lip smile, "thanks," I nod and unlock my car and slide in.

"Hey," he jogs back down the driveway as I close the door.

He signals for me to roll my window down. I hold my finger on the button for a moment before rolling it down, "hey, man," I say.

"What were you doing in that house?" He asks and leans his arms on the open window. I look at his arms then back at him, "dropping someone off,".

"Who?" He readjusts his arms so that I could properly see the many tattoos littering his skin.

"My friend?" My answer comes out as more of a question. This has to be Maddy's so called father that she mentioned the one time. A dickhead is how she described him.

"Well, I know that the only people living in that house are two girls. A woman too old for you, and my daughter. So, tell me— who are you?"

"James, leave him alone," I hear the familiar voice of Melissa coming from the house.

"See ya, James," I give him a little finger salute and pull away from the curb.

About an hour and a half later is when I finally make it back to the hype house. Stupid LA traffic— it can turn a twenty minute drive into a seven hour game of red light green light.

I toss my keys onto the little table by the door and stroll my way into the kitchen only to see everyone including a few other people in here.

"Hey, Vin Vin, how was your date?" Alex grinned as he walked over and pats me on the back.

"Good," I nod with a smile. "What's going on here?" I ask.

"Just filming a video. We ordered some food. You hungry?" Thomas offers me a plate.

"Nah, we had some food already. I'm gonna go stream," I give everyone a small wave then leave the room.

"Wait, Vinnie," I turn around and see Kouvr walking over.

"Hey, what's up?" I smile.

"So, how was it," she wiggled her eyebrows.

"It was good," I sound unsure which she unfortunately picked up on.

"Nooo," she cries, "what happened?" 

"Oh, no, it was good, but—" I look toward the kitchen then back at her, "come with me,"

We walk into the living room and sit on the couch.

"Remember that girl that I dropped off cause she said she was ditched by her friends?"

"Yes...Vinnie, what did you do?"

"I didn't do anything, but that girls name is Hannah and apparently she's trying to blackmail Maddy. She wouldn't tell me what Hannah was doing, but it's something pretty serious."