15

maddy's pov

My thumb hovers over the post button for what seems like the hundredth time in the past hour.

I've been sitting here on Vinnie's bed while he was downstairs finishing up a youtube video with his friends, tossing around the pros and cons of posting the tiktok.

The cons definitely outweighed the pros— cons being if his fans ever came across my account and saw the tiktok, they would most likely realise that I was in Vinnie's bathroom and all hell would break loose.

But the pros on the other hand— I looked good. I've never made a video like that before and I actually kinda like it.

For the billionth time, I leave my drafts and go to Vinnie's account. I look at the most recent video that has racked up a whopping three million views in the past two hours. Scrolling through the comments, I see many of his fans professing their love to him and I can't help but feel butterflies in my stomach knowing that he was just here with me.

Why me though.

Out of all these millions of girls he could choose from, why me?

Out of all the millions of dms that he could have opened, why mine?

The sound of a phone buzzing cut through my thoughts. I look at my phone but it wasn't mine.

I look around and see Vinnie's phone sitting at the end of the bed. He must've left it here before going downstairs.

I lean forward and see that it was a text message from someone.

I sit back. Why am I snooping...

Because you're a curious bitch.

I'm not about to snoop.

Do it

No

I sigh, brushing off the angel on my shoulder that was telling me not to look and sit forward again. I tap the screen to turn it on and see that it's a text from someone named Kira.

MESSAGES
Kira
See me again soon? ;)

And this is why you shouldn't snoop.

I sit back and huff a laugh. Of course you're not the only girl he's talking to.

Were we even talking like that? What are we actually doing?

We text like we hate each other but also text like we're flirting, but then when we're together in person, we do whatever that was.

"I'm back," Vinnie sings as he walks into the room.

I look up and smile at him as he dives onto the bed in front to me. He sighs and lays his head on my lap and picks up his phone.

I chew my lip as I try to go back to looking through tiktoks but I couldn't help but glance down at him as he goes through his phone. He was now scrolling through tiktok, seeming to have avoided answering the text.

"So, what did you have to do for the video?" I ask.

"Hm? Oh, nothing really, they just wanted me to be there for it," he tells me as he kept scrolling through his phone.