13

vinnie's pov

After making a few tiktoks, I make my way to the kitchen where everyone currently was.

"Bro, what's going on with you and that girl on tiktokroom? Is she a hookup or what?" Alex asked as he slurped the rest of the milk out of his cereal bowl.

"She's my friend but people are taking things out of context and making everything so dramatic," I sigh as I sit down at the bench.

"Are you two..." Jake made a gross gesture with his hands, "no, god no," I shake my head.

"So you're not dating? Is she single? Can I dibs?" Michael nudged me as he walked past.

"No, you can't dibs her, you moron. She's seventeen," I furrow my eyebrows.

"Is that the only reason why he can't dibs her?" Thomas stifled a laugh, covering his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Yes, she's seventeen, he's twenty" I look at them like they're crazy— which they are.

"Surely she's turning eighteen soon, right?" Michael asks as he closes the fridge door and bites into an apple. Why was an apple in the fridge...

"Dude, drop it. You can't date her," I snap. He raises his hands in defence, "relax man, I was just playing".

"I saw her Instagram, she's gorgeous! How did you guys meet?" Kouvr asked excitedly.

"She dmed me saying that my thirst traps weren't hot," I tell them making everyone laugh.

"Anyways, she's coming over soon so don't do any weird shit," I tell them all as I stand up.

"Oh?" Alex smirked.

"Someone's trying to impress their girly friend," Mia teased.

"I hate you all," I say making them laugh again, "so much,".

maddy's pov

"Are you sure this is his house, Maddy?" Mum asks with wide eyes as we pull into the driveway before the closed gates.

"Yep. I told you, he's in this social media group thingo," I tell her for the forty-sixth time.

I text Vinnie telling him that I'm here and he tells me that he's going to open the gates.

Moments later, the gates open letting us drive up the long driveway that was enclosed by trees that lined either side. As we drive through, the house slowly came into view, my eyes widening at the sight of it.

"This is insane," Mum shakes her head in disbelief.

We reach the end of the driveway and it revealed the gorgeous mansion sitting before us. We go around the mini roundabout and stop under a sheltered spot right in front of the entrance.

"I feel like a chauffeur. Let's wait for a bell boy to come open your door" mum jokes.

As if on cue, the door opens and out comes Vinnie.

"Oh, he's a cutie," mum wiggles her eyebrows at me. I roll my eyes playfully then kiss her on the cheek, thanking her for driving me forty minutes away from home.