19. Escape

"How was the show girls?" Carissa asked as Kaylee closed the car door and they began to pull away from the curb. "Was it scary?"

"No, I'd say we felt warm and safe, mom," said Kaylee, gently kicking Taylor, with a grin on her face.

"Speak for yourself Kaylee! Let's just say it wasn't anything I could have ever expected or enjoyed," said Taylor irritated and disgusted.

"Anything exciting happen," Carissa inquired with a smirk.

"Yeah, mom. Taylor w--," Kaylee began before being cut off by Taylor.

"No, nothing happened! Well 'cept  the scene where the main boy character was forcing himself on the main girl character, kissing her and the evil creature walked up on them and scared them. I wasn't expecting that and I dropped my popcorn on the floor."

"That's not what happened. Taylor has a bo--"

"NO! Thats exactly what happened."

"I've seen that movie, girls, and I don't remember a kissing scene, other than when the two main girls were hiding from the creature and holding each other tight. The one girl gave the other, which she had feelings for, a quick peck on the cheek to calm her down."

"Um, yeah, yeah. That's uh, the scene," Taylor quickly responded.

"What," Kaylee cried out. "You didn't even see that scene. You were too busy lip--"

"I did," Taylor insisted. "And it scared me."

"Whatever, girls. Glad you enjoyed it . . . I think," Carissa replied as the traffic light turned green.

"Hey Taylor, can I have a piece of your gum. Do you have anymore?" Carissa asked, looking back at Taylor through the rear view mirror.

"I don't have any--," Taylor started to reply, then quickly rolled down the window and spit out the gum he just realized he had been chewing on, recognizing that it had to have come from Johnny's mouth.

"Seriously, Taylor?" asked Carissa.

"Sorry, it was my last piece and I really don't have any more," Taylor quickly replied, suddenly feeling quite ill.

"Can you just take me to my house. I'm tired and I don't feel well. I feel sick."

"Unfortunately, I can't. Craig is taking care of some things. I'm sure you're wiped, but I promise tonight will be your last night as a guest," Carissa explained. "Relax, we'll be home soon and can get you girls into your nightgowns."

Taylor couldn't believe he had to stay over at Kaylee's house again.

"What about dinner, mom?"

"Don't worry, you'll get dinner. I ordered delivery from that burger bar you like so much."

As soon as they had finished eating, Taylor found himself having to change into an ankle length flowing pink nightgown.

It was even worse than the previous nights. This time he had a picture of some Kpop boy band across his chest, surrounded by a huge red heart.

Carissa tucked them in, turned out the light and closed the door behind her.

Taylor tried to go to sleep but only tossed and turned, having a hard time removing the thoughts of his experience at the theater from his mind.