𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐋

VIII. HALLOWEEN STRIKES ALL

"WHY ARE YOU GUYS SITTING at this table?" Audrey asks Julien, Zoya, Luna and Monet as she and Yelena approached the girls after just coming out the school.

"I mean, they're-- they're all the same tables." Zoya says not seeing the difference in the tables.

"The same table?" Luna and Monet asked in unison looking at Zoya.

"Okay, now. That, like everything but your outfit, was carefully chosen. The way the light hits, the proximity to the trash. The fact that people have to uncomfortably turn their head to the left to take us on." Monet explains then turning her attention to Julien. "Hey, where-- where's the brooch that we said we'd shoot you wearing?"

Yelena and Audrey decided to take their seats at the table, she sat beside Zoya while Audrey went and sat on the side of Julien.

"Oh, do you mean the Burmese ruby? Do you know they're called genocide gems?" Julien asks.

"Hmm. Who told you that?" Audrey asks.

Julien didn't bother answering but they all had knew where had got that information from.

"If Z had done her research, she would know that Cartier doesn't use Burmese rubies. So there goes that sponsored post." Monet says.

"We could just hang around the Shibui pool." Julien suggests.

"You two have been spending an awful lot of time together." Audrey points out.

"Yeah. Well, Julien is on a mission to show everybody that we really are friends and what she said at my birthday party wasn't just some publicity stunt to boost her followers." Zoya explains.

"Which worked, by the way." Luna points out.

"So, what are we doing for Halloween? I was thinking you, me, and Obie could do something together? Someone will definitely take a photo, and there's no better way to prove things are great between us than a group hang." Julien says glancing around at the girls.

"Hashtag Disney+." Luna deadpans.

"I kind of already agreed to go with Obie to this party one of the witches from Hocus Pocus throws." Zoya says.

"Oh, um... Hulaween. How could I forget? I'll just hang out with you girls." Julien turns to the other girls.

"If you mean to Hulaween then yes, of course. This yea's heme is New York Legends. If you're not there, you're basically admitting you're not one. Plus, this is the first Halloween post-COVID. So you're still defined by that humiliating loss to Pippa Sykes and Bianca Breer from the year before." Monet says.

"Who?" Zoya asks confused.

"Two bland girls from another school that want what JC has, except they're always too busy fucking each other's boyfriends-" The girls started giggling and laughing as Luna continued. "-and pushing each other into fountains... to get after it and honestly, it's so basic. They might as well be bots. But we still have to beat them."

"A couples contest?" Zoya asks. "Isn't that kinda middle school? Like, what, do you get a trophy or something?"

"A trophy? No, try your photo on the landing pages of the holy trifecta: Vogue, Harper's, and WWD." Monet says.

"Add Miss GG to that mix." Luna says.

"Obie never said anything about a couples costume." Zoya says.

"Well, no need to worry, cause, u, Aki and I are gonna win." Audrey says. "We have picked the perfects New York legends, Greta and Noah."

"Ooh." Julien awes.