𝐈. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋

I

I. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋

FOR THE PAST 10 MINUTES YELENA HAD BEEN STARRING AT HER REFLECTION IN THE MIRROR. Over and over she checked her makeup making sure not a single pore was seen, styling her hair so not a single strand hung out, smoothing her outfit out making sure there was no wrinkles. Some might have found what she was doing extra but she wanted to look her best today considering it was an important day. 

The first day back to school since the pandemic. When COVID hit the world everything had changed. Online schooling started, places closed down, masks needed to be worn in public, vaccine and booster shots were advise to get. The world had flipped upside down over night. Almost two years later was the world finally getting back to the normal they knew before the pandemic.

Yelena wasn't one who despised school entirely but she wasn't the person who was just excited to go either. To be honest, she preferred online schooling better. There was nothing more she enjoyed than being in held up at home all day without anyone bothering her. But on the other hand, she was a little bit excited to go to school to see her friends again. Of course she texted, talked and video called with them nearly every day but it would be nice to see them in person without a screen or masks between them. 

And since today was considered slightly more important she made an effort to look her best, as she did everyday. Earlier that morning, she started her day at 5 to began getting ready. To keep her conscious clear she had journal out her morning thoughts, meditated and did yoga that morning before she hit the showers. After showering which she finished at 6, it didn't take her long to get dressed. She knew she was one who could take quite some time while choosing something out, so she found it best for her to get something out the night before.

Thankfully, Constance Billiard didn't have a harsh dress code system, so she was able to wear her style of clothes but still school style as well. Underneath the black blazer she had just ordered the previous week was a white button down blouse tucked into her black mini skirt. She opted for no tie today so she could show the string of pearls that hung around her neck. 

Her black stocking covered feet were strapped in platform Mary Jane heels. Since her outfit was simple, that's how she kept her makeup. Simple and light. She didn't wear much jewelry but to match with the necklace she put on the other mate which was a pearl ring resting on her ring finger. The necklace and ring set was a gift sent from her cousin that she had gotten last year for birthday. 

An hour and a half later she was standing in the mirror doing a look over her appearance. In her opinion, she looked good and that was all the mattered to her. 

A knock came from her closed bedroom door stopping the starring contest she was having with herself as she turned around taking a few steps before she was standing in the doorway of her closet and her bedroom. The door slowly opened revealing on the maids that worked for her.