𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐑

VII. START A WAR

IT HAD BEEN A week since Yelena and Nicholas secrets had been revealed that they so desperately tried to keep hidden. As the saying what's done in the dark, comes to the light. You would have thought that once the couple forgave each other, they would just move forward and go on, right? Nope, this was different for them.

They both were trying not to let what they learned about the other bother them but secretly it did, which is why the couple hadn't spoken in a week.

Yelena didn't mind the time they spent apart. She felt it would do them good. During that week of being alone Yelena had a certain person on her mind. That was Max.

Since Max exposed one of his Dad was, he went MIA. He hadn't been to school, responded to any of her calls or texts, posted on any of his socials, nothing.

This wasn't the first time Max had went off the grid but even then he till manage to send a text or call letting someone know he was fine. This time he didn't even do that. It was radio silence from him.

"Hello? Earth to Yelena?"

Audrey's voice caused her to look over at her coming out of her thoughts and back to the world around her.

The two girls were walking down the sidewalk, their arms lopped through each others as they headed to school. Yelena would have preferred to be driven to school or drove herself but she figured walking today wouldn't hurt.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine. Really, it's nothing. " Yelena sent a smile towards Audrey, trying to show she was fine. Which she really was.

Audrey sighs rolling her eyes. Of course Yelena would never say outside that she wasn't, which is why she would have to force her problems out of her. "This about Nick? Talk to me."

Although she didn't want to talk about him. It wouldn't hurt to get some advice on what to do now in their relationship when the two did start speaking again. "Ever since Nicholas found out about me and Max things have been different between us." Yelena starts.

"Really? Sleeping with one of your mutual's best friends did that?" Audrey asks, her voice filled with sarcasm.

"What happened between me and Max was bound to happen, eventually I figure. What I never figured was bound to happen was Max and Nick." Yelena replies glancing over at Audrey who seemed to be inside her own thoughts now. "We can talk about you now, Auds." Yelena changes the conversation from her to Audrey. Both of then were basically going through similar relationship problems but she rather talk about Audrey's than her's.

"Okay, I know me and Aki agreed to act like my unfaithful actions with Toby never happened but I fear it's irrevocably has shifted the dynamic between Ak and me." Audrey explains.

"Wow! Sleeping with someone does that to your relationship?" Yelena asks with sarcasm in her voice.

Audrey lets out a huff of air, rolling her eyes. "Fair, but for me it isn't about Toby. Well, it is but not in that way. I slept with someone of the opposite which is unacceptable but not abnormal. Aki kissed a member of the same sex. Not normal at all."

"Is it possible he's attracted to men- " Yelena begins.

"Obviously, he's attracted to me, Yelena!" Audrey cuts her off pulling her with her as they continued walking.

"...And never told you because you use words like "normal." Yelena finishes her sentence before she was interrupted.

"Fair again. But, like, is he bi? Is he gay?" Audrey questions her brows furrowed together in confusion. "I mean, what if all this time we've been together he's been hiding who he really is? Hiding inside me?"