30.

14 months later

S A H A R A  

“It’s my birthday trip. I think it’s only fair I get to choose the music.” I connect my phone to the chord. I played ‘if’ by Davido. As much as wanted to play a song by Toni Braxton I knew Liam would pout the whole drive. We had just passed the board saying Durban. We had decided to come to Durban for the week. The boys would go surfing and I would visit all the monuments.

We had decided to live in South Africa, Cape Town. We had ended up here by fate. We had just gotten results from Liam’s ancestory test. He had begged to take it for fun. It lead us here. We wanted to be in a relatively quiet place that had charm and beaches while being in touch with a part of our identity.

We had bought a vineyard; there we had built our own mansion from scratch. A dream home. We switched driving with Jerome sitting in the back with Liam. Before long the sun was setting and the stars were poking through. The roads were bare.
I looked at the back to my boys sleeping. I picked up a call from Knox.

“How are the states?”

“How is Africa?”

We both laugh as we speak at the same time. Knox tells me about how the monthly evaluation at the companies went. The next hour of the drive is spent with us talking.

“I’ll see you in a few weeks for the wedding Sahara, I have to go.”

I look back at the men in my life and smile. “Bye Knox, see you.”

I increase the volume as I drive. Finally, I can listen to what I want.

Sitting by the window
All day thinking of you
Watching the days go by, I started to cry
But they weren't tears of sadness
They only meant I love you
And I want to tell you girl that I, oh, I

I'll travel 'round the seven seas for you
It's written in the melody I adore you
I wrote my love a symphony
To show you there's nothing I won't do
Baby I'll walk around the china wall for you
If there's a way I'll do it all for you
Anything you want me to, you know I would do

People think I'm crazy, they say
I'm just a nothing
Letting my life pass me by
Believing you're with me
Well I can't speak for no one
But in my heart I know you love me
And that's why I'll always tell you I

I lower the volume as i reach the city and look at the view. I laugh lowly to myself. All the pain and resentment lead me here.  I pull into the hotel. I switch off the car before turning around. " Wake up, we are here."

******
Thank you so much for reading my book. This has been a whole experience. I will be editing soon. Feedback is always appreciated. Bye guys :)

If you have enjoyed it i would appreciate it if you could vote and share.

IG: elated_euphoria

¤♡¤♡¤♡¤♡