3.

S A H A R A

As I hug my boy I try to project all the love I feel towards him through the hug. Liam is my whole life, my only family. Being a mom- a good mom for him is my main goal in life. I birthed him alone in such a dark point in my life.

My child became my light and motivation to wake up every morning. His presence numbs the pain his father put into me, numbs my hatred for him a little. He brings the word happiness alive, the thought of him leaving me is gut wrenching.

“Don’t cry mommy. I am okay, Rome watched me and took me away from the weird man. He took me out for burgers.” Liam speaks his tiny soft hands on my cheek.

“I was just so worried little man. Promise me you will never go off like that on your own without telling anyone.” I speak softly making sure not raise my voice.

“Remember honey if you ever get lost or need mommy all you have to do is look inside the gold.” I wink.

“I forgot.” He pouts.

“That’s okay love. Now tell me more about this Rome person.” I speak leading him to my office. Liam talks all about this man. The worry I have for him trusting strangers growing, we are having the stranger danger talk after this.

-

“I checked with the tech team, the tracker is still enabled.” Linda spoke handing me my coffee.

“Good. What happened yesterday must never happen again. Has his assistant responded yet?” I enquire turning my chair to admire the view.

“Yes he has. You are to meet with him at Hurie. The reservations are for 15:00.” She speaks slowly leaving the room closing the door softly behind her.

Liam was in my in-office room sleeping. I had a secret room in my office that was laid out as a bedroom. It has an adjoining bathroom. It also serves as a panic room as it is bullet proof and has all the needed precautions. Turning back to files in front of me I look at the designs for the summer collection. Our designers all designed potential collections with their own themes. My job was to choose one that is more suitable and we can work further on.

I spend the next two hours overlooking the designs. “Linda, I need you in my office love.” I speak into the intercom.

Not a second later Linda was in my office with a cup of tea in hand in her Grey’s Anatomy mug. The look of her with that mug brings a smile to my face. She is emotionally invested in that show.

“Yes madam. ” she speaks sitting at the chair in front of my office.

“I need you to go to the design department and tell them I have chosen the holiday in Spain collection. I also want you set up a meeting with the other designer of the James Bond collection. I would like to speak to him.” I speak handing her the files from the designers.

“Sir yes sir.” She speaks taking the files out of my hand.
-
“Let me help you Miss West.” Spoke Thomas as he took Liam out of my hands. He had fallen asleep again, rightly so as it is past 21:00. I walk past Thomas to open the door to the car for him as he gently puts Liam in the car.

The drive home is long. New York tends to have traffic at any time of the night. It truly is the city that doesn’t sleep. After I have laid Liam in bed in pyjamas I head to the shower.

The first few moments are okay. My mind slowly wanders to a dark place as it always does. With water dripping down my face I cry. I let the tears come down. A burning feeling hits my chest as I try to keep my tears inside so my son doesn’t hear.

I step out of the shower wrapping a white towl around myself. doing my night routine I stare at my eyes. My dull eyes. When the sun falls I fall with it, I can no longer play happy. The pain and anguish in my hearts becomes overwhelming big. This recurring pain is almost a friend. Every night the same pain curses through my body.

**********
Please vote.
Comment.
Follow.
And Share.