"But I'm not going to eat you, teacher." Aido says not seeing her point.

"What I'm trying to say is, it is terrifying how high the purebloods are." She tells them.

"Well then, today I will tell the two of you how our race came to be." She sits down and pulls out a book.

"Long long ago, when mankind's civilization begain to crumble, it was then when the original vampire appeared. The purebloods are the blood relatives of those who didn't intermingle with the humans." She starts off. "As the vampire numbers grew, what do you think happened?" She questions them.

"Control from a king." Akatsuki answers right away.

"You are correct, Akatsuki-sama. The Kuran family came to bear the role as king." Aido gives a look of fear and disbelief.

"Hm...Huuh, he's that high class. . .He didn't look like it at all. Not at all." Aido says looking away. She puts a hand of frustration to her forehead.

"But a past head king of the Kuran family disliked the concentration of power, thus had the monarchy abolished. He changed it so the genrouin ruled the vampire society." She continues to explain.

"So that's why there's no "king"." Akatsuki mentions.

"It was probably too much for him." Aido says with a smug smirk. "He is just a nobody." He thinks to himself.

"Even now, if they ever wished. . .They could seize power and create an army just as easily." Aido looks at her shocked.

"Do you understand? That is how frightful the purebloods are." She tells the surprised cousins.

                                            ~0~

"Hey, Hanabusa, is it true that you refused to be friends with Kaname Kuran-Sama?" Ruka questions him as he builds a sand fort.

"Huh?" He questions her.

"I heard from Akatsuki that you met Kaname-sama." She says smiling down at him.

'Was it somehting I shouldn't have said to Ruka?" Akatsuki questions as he works on his own sand fort.

"So what kind of person was he?!" Ruka questions pestering an annoyed Aido. "It's just a rumor, but I heard that Kaname-sama is very beautiful, and smart, and kind, and strong, and a pureblood, and he doesn't have any strange quirks. Isn't he perfect and just awesome?" Ruka says in a dreamy tone.

"Not really." Aido says, but he doesn't convince himself.

"Good evening." They stop talking as Kaname comes forth from around a building.

"Good evening." Ruka says looking over at him.

"Hanabusa-kun, can I have a moment?" Kaname questions him. Aido turns away.

"We're in the middle of a strength experiment on sand in our research society. I would like it if you don't bother us." He says to him coldly.

"I did something to make you angry. I wanted to apologize, so I was a brat in order to get them to let me come again." Kaname says to Aido.

"Is he stupid? He did nothing wrong." Aido mentally states. Aido turns to find a man hiding around the corner Kaname had just come from.

"Who is he? He's not one of ours. I don't like the look in his eyes." Aido mentally states.

"Ah. Um?" Kaname looks back behind him and then at the others. He gives them an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, please pay no mind." He says to them.