Chapter 22.

▪︎ Xavier's Pov ▪︎

I tried so hard to get a diamond ring designed this week but unfortunately, the jewellers told me that they couldn't get it done by a week or even less than week because we were getting married in a few days. I was so disappointed.

I wanted to propose to Isabelle the right way with a ring but it was too late.

Erika walked towards me noticing the frown on my face.

"What's wrong bro? Come on, lighten up. You're getting married in a few days." she says.

"I know and trust me, I am really happy but... I wanted to propose to Isabelle before we got married." I state sadly.

"You still got time. Do it." she says happily.

"That's not the problem. The problem is that the jewellers can't design the special ring I want in less than a week." I say.

"Do it with some ordinary ring then." she states.

"No. How can I, Xavier Woods, propose to the love of my life with just an ordinary ring?" I yell.

"Okay fine. Can't you do it with the present you got her for Christmas?" she asks. How did Erika even know about the gift? But anyway, that was, in fact, a great idea. I could use the werewolf necklace. She will love that, I'm sure.

"Okay, then it's settled for that but... I need your help to set up an area to do this." I say and she nods.

I had decided to do it somewhere in our home. We both then agreed to do it in the garden. The same garden where Erika and I used to play when we were kids. It was a special place to me. It was already getting late and so, we needed to make fast.

I must admit, Erika made this place look spectacular. I wonder where she got some of the stuff from. But damn, this looked good. I know Isabelle is going to love this.

 I know Isabelle is going to love this

The proposal area.

***

After we were done adding more roses and candles, Erika then went to dress Isabelle, blindfold her and bring her down.

Meanwhile, I got ready into a black suit. I made sure I looked good. This was the moment I've been waiting for ever since I met Isabelle. I was so happy.

Once I was ready, I ran downstairs quickly with the little box in my hand. I was still a bit disappointed about the ring but I brushed it off when my eyes landed on Isabelle. Hot damn!

She wore a beautiful red dress with black heels. She looked stunning. I was so lucky to have her in my life. I couldn't believe she was going to be my wife and some day, the mother of my children.

She was still blindfolded so she didn't know what was going on. I walk towards her and remove the blindfold.

She looks around the place and then at me. "Wow."

"Surprise." I say.

"You did all this?" she asks shocked.

"Yes but, of course, with a little help of my sister." I say.

"This looks incredible." she says with a beaming smile on her face.

I hold her hand and bring her into the center of the roses where I was going to get down on one knee.

"I wanted to do this rightfully before we marry but I couldn't get a ring so I'm going to use the gift I got you which was supposed to be for Christmas but it can be used for this special moment anyway." I say and she nods, smiling.

"Isabelle, I want you to know that I love you more than life itself and I will continue loving you more than life itself. Ever since I met you, I knew that I'd marry you some day but I was just too adamant to accept it" I pause because I notice her tears. "Don't cry." I wipe her tears and she smiles.

"Let's just get to the point, shall we? I know I couldn't promise you heaven and Earth, but what I can promise is to love you forever and to give you the only thing precious to me. And that's my heart." I pause and get down on one knee while opening the box. I was waiting impatiently to ask the big question.

"Will you accept my heart of love and make me the happiest guy in the world by marrying me?" I say as she wipes her tears.

"Yesssss! I accept your heart of love and I will marry you!" She screams.

I help her put on the necklace.

"Oh my god, this is beautiful Xavier." she screams in joy. I knew she'll love it.

She jumps up in my arms as we hold each other tightly. "I love you. I can't believe we're actually doing this." she says.

"I love you." I say and we both connect our lips in a sweet kiss.

Everyone then came out from inside the house and congratulated us for just getting engaged. It was the perfect day and moment.

"Well done man!" Hunter says and we give each other a bro hug.

Isabelle was still in tears. I walk towards her. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's happy tears. I'm so happy today. I just can't believe this is really happening." she says and I kiss her forehead.

"I have a gift for you." she states.

"Oh." I say.

She runs inside and comes out with a small black box.

"I'm not sure how we thought alike but this was your Chritmas gift." she says handing it to me.

It was a black and silver ring with a werewolf designed on it. It looked dope.

"Oh my god, yeah. Both gifts are werewolf related." I say and we both laugh.

"It's just like how the saying goes, "Great minds think alike." she says.

We both smile.

After we were done cleaning up everything outside, everyone went inside and sat around the Christmas tree. They starting opening their presents while Isabelle and I just sat together on the couch watching them.

"I think I want to invite Michael and Linda for our wedding." she says.

"Yeah?" I say.

"Yeah. That's okay right?" she asks.

"Of course. You can call them and let them know." I say. I wasn't going to stop her from reaching out to the family that took care of her for most of her life.

She smiles and pecks my lips. She then cuddles up back into my arms. We sit that way for the rest of the night.

■ Authors Note ■

So, Xavier wanted to do this the right way. He proposed!!! Yay. I'm so happy for them but also, I'm starting to get sad as this book is almost coming to an end. There are just a few more chapters left.

Lots of love.

Please vote, comment and share.

-D. ♡