Chapter 4.

▪︎ Isabelle's Pov ▪︎

A sharp object had hit my head and I saw black.

After a while being unconscious, I wake only to find myself tied to a chair.

Amelia was still on the couch sleeping. Amelia was a heavy sleeper but it's not the time to sleep right now.

Two masked guys dressed in black make their way towards me.

I was scared but I tried not to show it. My parents always told me not to let fear get the better of me.

"If you give me all your valuables and money, I'll let you die easily without suffering." one guy says.

"We know your parents are rich, they own their own business and are doing it well for themselves." the other one speaks finally.

"I'll give you whatever you ask for but how can I when I'm tied to this chair?" I say laughing at their stupidity.

"Oh no worries, you just need to tell us where it is." the first guy says.

Oh no, I forgot that they could just freely go into our rooms and take whatever they wanted.

Think Isabelle... think... think!

"Just untie me and I'll get it for you." I say hoping that they agree.

The guys start undoing the rope and finally I'm free again. Such stupid fools. At least if you're trying to rob a house, do it with some brains.

"Wait here." I say. "I'll be back in a bit."

I run upstairs as fast as I can. I quickly grab a device that I can make a call with. I dial 911 and luckily they picked up.

"911, what's your emergency?" a man said on the other side of the line.

"I need your help sir. My sister and I are in danger." I say softly but clear enough for the man to hear.

"Tell me the brief details." he says.

"There's two men in my home on 4 North Croft Drive. I don't know whether they're armed and dangerous but they did ask me to give my valuables and money." I speak as quick as I can.

"Okay, stay on the line. We'll have someone with you in about 5 minutes."
the man says.

"Thank you so much, please do come fast." I say hoping the men don't come upstairs and catch me.

"Are you alone miss?" the man asks.

"No, actually my sister is here but she's asleep. My parents are working late. So I'm handling the situation by myself." I say.

"Okay, don't worry. Everything is going to be fine soon." he assures me.

Just then before anything more could happen, I hear police sirens coming from just outside my house.

The two men were caught and identified as suspects that robbed many other houses before mine.

After all that drama, I sat on the couch where Amelia was still sleeping peacefully. She slept through everything. Wow. Just wow.

It was now 3:00 am and I was still not asleep. I couldn't as I was still traumatized.

My parents walk in at exactly 3:15 am.

They see me sitting so quietly on the couch.

"Hey honey, I'm so so sorry." my mom says knowing I'd be upset because she's done this late night working thing before.

"Oh hi mom and dad, thank you for blessing me with your presence now but when I needed the two of you the most, you guys weren't even here." I say out loud hoping that my tone makes them aware of how upset I am.

"What happened Isabelle?" my dad asks with a concerned look on his face.

"Some robbers got into our house and wanted to take our valuables and money. They knew that you guys owned a business and were earning well. It was all planned." I say.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" my mom asks running to me, looking worried.

"Yeah I'm fine, I handled everything by myself while you and dad were doing god knows what and Amelia was sleeping so peacefully." I scream annoyed.

This time I was really angry. You could tell by my tone and facial expressions.

"Sweetheart I am really sorry that you had to go through all that by yourself." my dad says pulling me into a hug.

"Let go of me, I'm angry with the two of you." I say pushing his hands off me.

"Honey, mommy and I were really busy. I'm so sorry that we couldn't be here." my dad says in a sad tone.

"Yeah, too busy while your daughter's life could have been in danger. Both your daughters! They could've killed us and ran away with all our stuff." I scream out loud.

Amelia wakes up from her sleep and looks at us as if she's seen a ghost.

"What's all the shouting about?" she asks rubbing her eyes making them more red.

"Sweetie, are you okay?" my mom asks rushing over to Amelia.

"Yeah, why? What's wrong?" Amelia says with not a clue of what happened earlier on.

"She's fine, she doesn't know anything, she slept throughout the entire thing." I speak in a harsh tone.

"Don't be angry at us, love. I know it is our fault but honey, mommy and I are trying our very best for you and Amelia. You and Amelia are our life. You guys mean everything to us. We're working hard for you guys and for a better future for you." my dad says cupping my cheek slightly.

"I promise we'll try to come home early and be around to have our normal family time in the weekends." my mom says as sweetly as she can.

"Okay fine, I'm giving you guys a chance this time but next time-" I speak but my dad cuts me off.

"There won't be a next time, love." he says.

We all headed upstairs for bed. The minute my head touched my pillow, I felt my eyes already closing.

After a minute or so, I was out.

☆☆☆

Today was Saturday which meant my parents finally got a break from work.
Work has been getting so stressful lately so I don't blame them when they say that they're trying their best for both Meli and I.

I promised Amelia that I'd explain to her fully what really happened last night.

I sat her down and began to tell her everything from the moment I blacked out to the moment the polices came.

She was stunned. She had no clue what was happening in that moment.

"I'm sorry Izzy, I shouldn't have been asleep." she says sadly.

"Hey, no! You know I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if anything would've happened to you small sis." I say smiling at her.

"Right, but you had to go through so much alone." she says looking down.

"Don't worry, I just thank god that nothing bad happened and we were safe." I say as I pull her into a tight hug.

"I love you sis." she says hugging me back.

"I love you too." I say squeezing her tighter than before.

"I'm lucky to have a big sister like you." she says breaking the hug and making eye contact with me.

"I'll always be here for you." I say.

"Always and forever." we both say together and smile.

■ Authors Note

How was that chapter guys? Phew, chapter 4 done! I'm so happy, this book is coming out much better than I had expected.

Lots of love.

Please vote, comment and share.

-D.