9. Dancing With Magic

"Sarah, I've found you!" Our hug is filled with joyous laughter with hints of exhaustion

     "Sarah, I've found you!" Our hug is filled with joyous laughter with hints of exhaustion. It's amazing to be able to see her in great spirits. In her eyes, our little spat is way off in the past.

      "I didn't think you'd be here." Her sweet voice sounds lovely to my ears. Her grip is tight, I guess she missed me as well.

     After a few moments longer we pulled away yet still have a hold on each other. Her eyes are consumed with unshed tears. That precious lip won't stop trembling. An internal blow of pain hits me in the chest. I know Sarah can be challenging with her bright and careless personality, but I have guilt take over my thoughts.

     I should have tried to stick with her. Instead of acting like I knew things when in reality I'm just as clueless. There must be time to tell her how I feel. That will have to wait until we beat the labyrinth.

     "There are so many things I have to tell you." The excitement in my blood erupted when Hoggle, Ludo, and a new companion of Sarah's walked up behind her. The little fellow looks to be a civil dog wearing a hat. He is riding another dog, as a horse, wow. Yet I still can't say that I've seen it all.

     "Oh, you must have found the same peach tree as Hoggle." Sarah points right down to my hand. The same hand where Jareth gifted me the crystal.

     "Huh?" I'm surprised to find a nice plump fruit in my clutches. Damn that magic of his. There is always a reason for his tricks and schemes, what is he playing at?

     "I'm starving." My friend said and tossed the pretty peach in the air. I have to rub my eyes vigorously, I swear that damn thing sparkled in the moonlight, like a nice plump diamond.

     Ludo and the other thing have made their way over to us. A massive smile was plastered on those faces. There isn't a reason that comes to mind how he was picked to be a monster. I've seen nasty things but he is far from being like them.

     "Hello, again Ludo." I pat him right on the arm in a friendly matter. I don't want to make a wrong move and frighten him. He sure has been through enough.

     "Franky looks tired." Poor creature decided to state the obvious. He then touched my shoulder in return. A form of comfort that is probably so new for him.

     "Well, I am Sir Didymus, my lady." The dog with a stylish hat rode up on his companion. Even offers his hand out to me, which I gladly shake.

     "Nice to meet you, I'm Franky." Hearing myself say that nickname over and over again just makes me like it more. It's good to have a pleasant change in times like these.

     They both march away and head out for the path. I spot Hoggle lingering at the base of an old gray tree.

     The light has started to dim. The air around had gotten colder. The vibes of this place are much darker than before.

     I take a seat right where I've been standing. A hefty huff flew from my mouth. I don't bother to catch the peach after it rolls out of my hands. Sarah still stands and inspects the fruit.

     "Thanks again, Hoggle." She had told him. I watch his face become gloomy like he is hiding something. Sickness seems to be swarming inside my gut. The little man can't even look her in the eyes. Shit!

     "Wait, Sarah don't eat the peach!"

~~~

     The shapeshifting creature had been called Zurfire. The monster had been sent from the bitch who all these tests are for. She has gotten bolder in the last few years. Always sending her minions to kill off his possible champions to fight the curse.

     It even brought five Wood Hounds. Nasty dogs that drool acid spit. Most likely to feast off the scraps that would have been Franklin. The mental image of Franklin in literal pieces made his guts twist tightly. 

    It blows the king's mind how she never fell for the shapeshifter's tricks. She must have thought about taking the offer. No, no she would not. Jareth knows she wouldn't.

     After sending Franky away to her friends, the king commanded the small army to charge the beast. The dogs had run with their tails pinned underneath. They have always lacked a backbone for centuries.

     The Franklin double had simply melted into a puddle of goo due to magic. A self-defense act. Most being here have that. It has been really annoying when Jareth gets close to capturing one. They collapse before any questioning can begin. Rather irritating.

     However, the trip back to the castle was almost calming. Once at the main gate to the city he had been greeted by scouts. The humans who were rallying have disbanded and gone on north. Probably looking for better land.

     That was good news. Made the Goblin King sort of relieved. Then once he got to the throne room a different kind of news was brought to him.

     Franklin had been spotted with Sarah and their other people. The peaches seemed to be firmly in their grasp.

     Now, this is where the innocent fun begins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N - Now my favorite chapter is coming up! Totally excited about it honestly!

Hopefully, yall might have an idea where this is gonna go!

Comment and vote!

Until the next chapter of ITS ONLY FOREVER.......

( Here is a teaser poster for the next chapter! )

😩❤️

[ Edited on 4/26/23 ]