5

Hailey's POV

Damnit Hailey how can you forget what today is? Damnit! I'm so stupid sometimes. I called Karen immediately.

"I'm sorry." I started and she giggled.

"Oh come on dear you did not do anything wrong. I hope you're on your way though." She said.

"Yeah I'm on my way. Can I bring anything?" I asked and she chuckled.

"Actually you can. We're short on flowers, my florist couldn't deliver enough." She said.

"I'll make sure I bring enough." I assured her.

"Thank you honey. Okay I'll talk to you when you get there."

"See you soon." I hung up and looked at Paige. "Get me the best florist right away. I need flowers." She took her phone out immediately.  "And I need some baby gifts."

"Okay." The doors opened and we walked out. I went to sit in one of the chairs. Bobby had one minute left before his time was up. "There is one flower shop a few minutes from here. Five star rated next to it seems to be a shop for baby stuff." I gave her an approving look.

"Make a reservation right away. We'll stop by before going to the party." I said.

"Mrs Anders." I looked up to see my driver. "We're good to go."

"Perfect." I stood up and Paige followed behind talking to someone on the phone.

...

Paige's POV

We arrived at the mansion and Karen Anders welcomed us warmly.

"I'm so glad you made it in time dear." She hugged Hailey.

"Thank you for reminding me Karen." She looked at me. "This is Paige my assistant." Karen turned to me. "Paige this is my mother in law."

"We talked on the phone right?" I nodded smiling. "Welcome dear." We shook hands.

"Thank you Mrs Anders." She gave me a smile.

"And I must say, you look really beautiful honey. I love your outfit." I gave her a sheepish smile.

"Thank you." She turned back to Hailey.

"Did you bring the flowers?" Hailey nodded.

"Yes. Paige please get the flowers." I nodded and did as told.

I looked around and a lot of decorations were already in place. The sound of kid's screams and laughter came from the rest of the place.

After getting every flower in with the help of some maids I went to find myself a quiet place to sit. The party had already begun.

I couldn't quite understand who throws a party on a Tuesday. Okay maybe it made sense since it was a baby shower for Karen's niece. Well plus these are rich people so organising a party even in thirty is very possible since they have the money to do so. They don't mind leaving everything for a shower.

I looked around the guests and they all looked elegant. I finally understood why Hailey was strict on dresscodes. You never know who you might meet and right now I was in the middle of celebrities. Well not in the middle since I was sitting alone.

"Hi" I looked up to see an unfamiliar face.

"Hi."

"I'm Terry." He extended his hand and I shook it.

"Paige." I said drinking my drink.

"Can I join you?" He asked politely. I looked around for my boss and she was laughing with the mother to be and a few other women.

"Sure." I said. "I didn't think men were allowed to attend baby showers." He laughed lightly.

"I'm the father." He said it as if that was supposed to make me understand. "She didn't want me to be away for too long."

"Oh I understand." I said.

"So why aren't you mingling?" I let out a giggle.

"I'm working." I answered. "I'm Mrs Hailey Anders' personal assistant."

"Oh she has an assistant now?" I looked at him surprised.

"You seem more than surprised." He let out a chuckle.

"I'm just happy Hailey has finally decided to not burden herself." He stood up. "Nice talking to you Paige but my wife needs me." I looked at the mom to be and she was looking our way.

"Nice to meet you too Terry." I said as he walked off. "How I wish I could call Amy." I whispered.

"Who is Amy?" A little girl sat next to me. She looked so cute with dirty blonde hair which I thought looked like Hailey's hair.

"She's my sister. What is a little cutie like you doing here?" She giggled.

"I want candy but mommy said no more candy for us." She pouted.

"Oh I'm sorry little one. Maybe you should listen to mommy. Mommy knows best." I said.

"Grandma said that too. What is your name?" I smiled scooting her close to me.

"I am Paige. How about you?" I asked.

"Camilla" she said.

"Beautiful name. Do you know how old you are?" She nodded.

"I'm five. Gray is five as well."

"Who is Gray?" I asked curiously.

"My brother. Do you have a brother?"

"Yes. A little brother." She smiled.

"Oh." I wonder whose kid this is. "Grandma!" She ran to Karen. Ohhh right. She's Hailey's kid. The brother must be the other twin.

Hailey never posted her kids. It was rare to find pictures of her children on the internet. That explains why I didn't recognise her.

"My darling. Your mom has been looking for you. Where is your brother?" She lifted her up.

"In the backyard playing with Freddie." Karen nodded.

"Paige please get him for me." I nodded.

"Yes ma'am." I walked to where I heard a little child's giggles until I found him playing with a dog. "Gray?" He looked at me confused. "I'm Paige. Your mother is looking for you." He stood up.

"She's here?" He ran off excitedly leaving me behind.

"That was funny." I giggled heading back.

______________________